BrewDog launches underground, American-themed gaming bar in East London
Scottish craft brewery, BrewDog has today announced the official launch of its latest bar, Two-Bit, in East London. The new venue is the first in a series of diversified ventures for BrewDog bars, taking on an American craft beer, whiskey and gaming theme, and is located beneath BrewDog’s Shoreditch bar on Bethnal Green Road. The bar will aptly host its opening night on July 4th to coincide with American Independence Day.
- BrewDog has established solid relationships with many of the USA’s finest craft beer exports, and is harnessing those contacts to create a unique beer offering for London, as Two-Bit’s taps will play host to an eclectic, exclusive selection of American craft beer.
- Among those breweries available from launch night are Oskar Blues, Ballast Point, Almanac, Firestone Walker and Stone Brewing Co, and the bar is also stocked with a wide range of bourbon whiskey, continuing the Stateside-styled offering.
- Also giving the new venue American appeal are the vintage arcade games installed, such as Downtown USA Racing, Space Invaders and Tron, and pinball machines including Metallica, Rolling Stones, and Dirty Harry. Visitors to Two-Bit will be able to indulge in an all-American evening of beer, bourbon and button-bashing.
- The launch comes just days after BrewDog announced details for its first brewing site in North America, in the Columbus region of Ohio.
- The brewery, taproom and restaurant, located in Canal Winchester, will enable BrewDog to commence production across the pond, and manage distribution of its own beer locally. A series of BrewPubs across the United States will also launch soon after the brewery opens in 2016.
Equity for Punks IV
- BrewDog is currently running its fourth round of equity fundraising via Equity for Punks. The scheme has enabled the brewery to expand as quickly as it has done, and the fourth round of funding opened in Europe in April this year. In the first three weeks after launch, the brewery raised a world record-breaking £5million, a fifth of its £25million target. The amount raised broke the previous record set by BrewDog in 2013, when it raised £4.25 million (less costs) in just over six months.
- With the latest round of Equity for Punks, 526,316 shares in BrewDog have been made available, for a minimum investment of £95 for two shares.
- The capital raised from investors will be used to fund in particular the expansion of the BrewDog brewery and its international bar division, as well as launching new projects like a craft beer hotel, custom sour beer facility and a distillation plant.
James Watt, BrewDog cofounder commented:
“Our friends in the States have been an inspiration to BrewDog since our inception. We have great relationships with some of the most exciting, enigmatic brewers in America and it’s awesome to be showcasing their wares in a dedicated bar. Some of my favourite beers on planet Earth come from the likes of Stone and Ballast Point and the other breweries we’ll have on tap. The addition of epic whiskeys and pinball galore makes it the ultimate underground 21st Century American speakeasy.”
Cofounder James Watt continued:
“Two-Bit is the kind of bar I have always wanted to open. We love everything the craft beer landscape stands for in the U.S. and it seemed only fitting that we’d kit out an American beer-led bar with all the bright lights, bells, whistles and buzzers of classic arcade games. This is an homage to our homies!”