KOF XIV Will Have a Developer Panel, Autograph Session, Side Tournament and More!
The world’s largest fighting game event just got a whole lot bigger, because SNK and ATLUS are bringing THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV to EVO 2016. We’ve got our very own Team ATLUS ready to go — consisting of excited marketing and production employees who are burning to step into the ring and show off the games to the passionate fighting game community at the ATLUS booth!
Fighting game enthusiasts from around the world attending EVO 2016 will have the opportunity for hands-on time with SNK’s THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV at the ATLUS booth throughout the show. With tighter controls, improved Combo and MAX Mode mechanics, series first 3D graphics, and more, KOF XIV is ready for prime time at the fighting game community’s biggest stage. In fact, we’ll have the latest build just for the show! For those looking for the thrill and agony of intense competition, we’ll be holding a side tournament on Saturday with sign ups being held here. Entry is free and there will be a prize for the top three. Oh, and did we mention that the prize is cold hard cash? (Which, for security reasons, will be mailed to winners after EVO.)
- 1st place prize: $1,400
- 2nd place prize: $700
3rd place prize: $350
There’s also an SNK panel featuring key developers and artists who worked on the long-running series, which will be immediately followed by an autograph session. Check out the full schedule below:
FRIDAY, JULY 15
- All Day: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV Freeplay and Tournament Practice Stations
SATURDAY, JULY 16
- All Day: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV Freeplay Stations
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: SNK Developers Panel
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM: SNK Developers Autograph Session
- 2:00 PM : Side Tournament (ATLUS Booth) Matches Begin
- TBD: Special Exhibition Match
- TBD: Side Tournament Top 8
Here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The game will be $59.99/CA$79.99 at launch. Pre-orders and a limited number of launch editions will arrive in this special SteelBook® case. Plus, for the week following launch, the Classic Kyo costume DLC will be free to all players!
The King of Fighters XIV “Burn to Fight” Premium Edition includes the following for $79.99/CA$99.99:
- SteelBook® – The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook® emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
- Art book – This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
- 3-Disc Soundtrack – Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
- Collector’s Box – All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.