‘King‘ Announce ‘Cupid’s Challenge’, for their beloved game Candy Crush Saga, the live op is available to players with the latest version of the app and those above level 10. Running over two weekends (February 10th to 15th and February 17th to 21st)*, it will offer players across the globe the chance to compete against each other for the very first time to win rewards they’ll love!
The qualifier event will see players help Dexter the Whale, dressed as Cupid, collect 10 Striped Candies to win a Lollipop Hammer and be automatically entered into the second round – the leader board. In the leader board round, players are matched with 30 other players (at random) where they compete against each other to be placed in first, second and third position. The top 3 players will win rewards including Colour Bombs, a Free Switch and Unlimited Lives**.
The live op is available to players on iOS and Android.
Attached you’ll find screengrabs of the game and a series of top tips on how best to succeed in the challenge.
We have also pulled together some interesting and surprising stats about the Candy Crush franchise:
- 198 billion game rounds were played in Candy Crush Saga in 2016 which is equivalent to everyone in the world playing 26 game rounds (approx.)
- In 2016 players used:
- 2.9 billion Coconut Wheels – you would need 38 million coconut trees to grow this amount each year
- 5.3 billion Swedish Fish – that’s 552 times more than the population of Sweden
- 6.9 billion Lollipop Hammers – that’s enough to fill 46 Olympic-size swimming pools
- 208 billion Colour Bombs which is twice the number of stars in the Milky Way
- 558 billion Wrapped Candies – if you ate one a minute for 12 hours a day, it would take you over two million years to complete
- 1.6 trillion Striped Candies – that’s enough for everyone in the world to have 213 candies each
- In 2016, Candy Crush Saga players swiped 5.1 trillion moves, corresponding to 44.6 million km swiped. That’s about a third of the distance to Sun or 1,112 laps around the earth
*Cupid’s Challenge will run two live ops:
- Starts: 9am (GMT) on Friday 10th February
- Ends: 9am (GMT) on Wednesday 15th February
- Live op starts: 9am (GMT) on Friday 17th February
- Live op ends: 9am (GMT) on Tuesday 21st February
- 1st place: 1 Colour Bomb, 1 Hammer, 1 Free Switch, 1 Striped/Wrapped Candy, 6 Hours Unlimited Lives
- 2nd Place: 1 Colour Bomb, 1 Hammer, 1 Free Switch, 2 Hours Unlimited Lives
- 3rd Place: 1 Colour Bomb, 1 Hammer, 2 Hours Unlimited Lives