With the summer holidays just around the corner, parents seeking a fun and educational experience for their children can count on Fire Tech Camp (www.firetechcamp.com). Due to popular demand, the leading tech camp provider for children and teens in the UK has doubled its number of London courses in 2015, and provides places for over 1,000 students across its six regional locations.
The holiday camp aimed at budding tech whizzes aged nine to 17, has a number of one, two and five-day courses available, including video game design, mobile app design, web development, Java and Python coding, and Minecraft.
Fire Tech Camp’s London courses taking place over the summer include:
- The brand new ‘CAD/CAM with Vinyl Cutting’ workshop allows kids to explore both art and technology introducing those new to the world of making and encouraging them to experiment with digital creativity. Students come away from the one-day course with personalised colourful ‘vinyl selfies’ and custom products that they have designed and created. A one day ‘CAD/CAM with vinyl cutting’ course costs £120 and takes place at FabLab London on 17 and 18 August 2015.
- Minecraft fans can update their skills with a one-day ‘Minecraft Redstone’ workshop, where they will learn about concepts in electronics and design, while immersed in the fun and creative world of Minecraft. A one day ‘Minecraft Redstone’ course costs £110 and takes place at Imperial College London on 14 July and 11 August 2015.
- For kids who enjoy being hands-on, the ‘Invent, Design, Make your own (physical) Game’ course is one to book. From design and development through to packaging, the two-day course teaches kids all of the steps involved in making a mini desktop game and creating a seamless end product. Kids will come home with a custom game prototype to play with friends and family. A two day, ‘Invent, Design, Make your own (physical) game’ course costs £240 and takes place at FabLab London on 27 August 2015.
- Budding tech whizzes can get stuck in and design their own app on the week-long ‘Mobile App Design’ course. Nine to 12-year-olds on the course will learn the practical elements involved in designing and implementing applications for all mobile devices. A five day ‘Mobile App Design’ course costs £550 and takes place at Imperial College London on 20 and 27 July and 10, 17 and 24 August 2015.
- Video game enthusiasts can switch roles from game player to game maker with the week-long ‘Video Game Design’ course in London this summer. Gamers can learn the skills to create their own video game and will leave with an original creation that can be played on the web or a smartphone. A five day ‘Video Game Design’ course costs £550 and takes place at Imperial College London on 6, 13 and 27 July and 3, 10 and 24 August 2015.
Based at FabLab London, the home of the maker movement, and with regional bases in Bristol, Manchester, Cambridge, Reading, and High Wycombe, Fire Tech Camp allows kids to have fun with technology whilst empowering them with key future tech skills.
For further information and to book please visit www.firetechcamp.com.