They say that blood and business should never mix. They are wrong. Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studios welcome you to the family as they proudly announce Crusader Kings II: The Republic, the third expansion for the critically acclaimed Strategy RPG classic.
Crusader Kings II: The Republic introduces the great merchant Republics of medieval Europe as playable entities for the first time. A fresh, new experience from playing as a feudal region in Crusader Kings II, players adopt the role as the head, or Patrician, of one of the five great merchant families in the Republic as they build trade posts and expand provincial empires while attempting to assert dominance over the other rival families, Republics and feudal lords.
Start your beginnings in the trade industry by checking out the launch trailer here:
Crusader Kings II: The Republic is out now from all major digital download portals for $9.99.
Also releasing today are two smaller DLC’s in the form of Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity, which contains three new songs, and Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits, containing thousands of unique face combos for male and female characters. Both are priced at $1.99 from all major digital download portals.
On Tuesday, January 15 at 7 p.m. GMT (11 a.m. PST) Paradox Interactive will host a streaming event that showcases The Republic in all its trading glory. To view the broadcast, head over to the official Paradox Interactive TwitchTV channel at twitchtv.com/paradoxinteractive.
Patch 1.09 for Crusader Kings II has also been released today; read the full patch notes at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?657220-1.09-
Crusader Kings II: The Republic key features:
- Experience a fresh, new type of Crusader Kings II experience by playing as one of ‘The Big 5’ merchant Republics of medieval Europe: Venice, Genoa, Pisa, Gotland and the Hansa.
- As the head of a Patrician family you must guide your Republican dynasty through fortune and misfortune in a world dominated by kings and emperors.
- Build trade posts and expand your mercantile empire by controlling the sea-lanes and coasts of Europe… and defend it against rival Patricians, Republics and greedy feudal lords.
- Improve your trade posts and your prestigious family palace with dozens of unique new buildings.
- Compete in the Doge elections, compensating for lack of age and prestige by investing money in your campaign fund.
- Survive feuds with other Patrician families and plot to seize trade posts from your rivals; new plot and many special events for characters in the Republics.
- New Republican skin for the interface.
- Unique clothes and ship models for Republics.