By the year 2034, the world is on the brink of a Third World War as the United States and the Russian Federation is locked in a new Cold War. However, unlike the old era rivalry fought between two competing ideologies (Democracy and Communism), this new Cold War is one being waged over energy.
With natural resources almost all but extinguished, with fewer than fifty years of oil left in reserve, the world powers have begun to explore alternative means to fuel the next century; to fail would mean to the end of civilization as we know it. The leading hope is that Dark Matter might prove to be the golden ticket, as it has the possibility to bring about a new era for mankind, and solving the growing energy concerns that are fracturing the world. But who will crack the Dark Matter formula first?
Leading the way is Irving Dynamics, the world’s most powerful corporation and pioneer in advance science and applications. They have built deep within Alaska the most powerful Hadron Collider ever conceived by man. But on the eve of a breakthrough equal to the splitting of the atom, Irving’s facility came under a sudden attack from elite Russian Kresnik Division, which systematically ceased control of the base, killing all that stood in their way.
However, the Russian forces did not count on Amber Kingsley, who, despite being discharged by the United States Army a year prior, for leading a failed operation in North Korea, which resulted in the deaths of several of her men. Amber isn’t a mindless action hero. She is a skilled, honorable, and charismatic leader, and more than that, a noble friend. Amber’s goals aren’t to free the Apex Facility from the Russian forces, but to find and save her lifelong friend, Jill Haley – a senior member of the Irving staff. Her choices and actions will have far reaching consequences as Amber will stop at nothing to undermine her enemy.
Steam Demo http://store.steampowered.com/app/361270/
- Drone Deployed Map – It really is cooler to see than explain. Needless to say, the map is a special feature in Dark Storm.
- Sya Enhanced Projection – See the world in a new way, as Sya, the built-in AI gives the player more information and details about the world than you would ever expect.
- Full Voice-over – Featuring amazing voice actors, which include, Danielle McRae (World of Warcraft and League of Legends) and River Kanoff (Heroes of Newerth and Dust: An Elysian Tale), as well as a number of up-and-coming indie talents.
- True First-Person – Experience the Dark Storm universe as if you are in it, featuring a first-person perspective that pull you into the action in a believable way.
- Dynamic Third-Person Camera – If first-person isn’t your thing, then you can experience Dark Storm in a robust third-person perspective that enhancing the experience with camera-shoulder switching and more
- Original and Immersive Narrative – Dark Storm isn’t just a video game, it is an experience. We strive to make this a story you care about on multi-levels. You wouldn’t want to skip the cutscenes this time!
- Dynamic Destruction UE4 – Live, fight and die in an environment that reacts to your actions. Use destructibility as a weapon – find new paths or just blow open a locked down. Have fun!
And to list some of the other features we are proud of including: Morphine Injection to heal limited amounts of injuries. Healing Chambers that can restore any amount of damage. A Noisemaker, which you can use to distract your enemies. A fun Execution System, for those sneaky kills. A Cover System to get the drop on your enemy. Binoculars, because who doesn’t want to see far away. Analytical Mode for piecing together information. Scattered Audio Logs that unlock more of the story and the people who live in this world. Hit Reaction System – every reaction has an opposite and equal reaction — Hit someone in the leg, and they stumble, shoot them in the arm, and their aim falters, etc. . And general tactical and evasive movements.