DarkEnd launches on PC digital download stores 17 October 2014
Ever wondered what a game developed in Myanmar would look and play like? Do you even know where Myanmar is? After playing the game and looking at a map, Kiss has the answer to both questions!
Developed by Kodots Games, DarkEnd is quite possibly the first game from Myanmar (previously known as Burma) to be commercially released. As such, it brings with it a fresh take on video gaming.
DarkEnd is a traditional 2D RPG, driven by story rather than by glitz and sizzle. It is a tale of love, bravery and sacrifice. Choose your hero and venture into the ever-changing dungeons of DarkEnd – a world filled with numerous treasures, mysterious secrets and a haunting past.
“DarkEnd represents everything that Kiss love working on. They are a new indie micro dev team based in a country not known for video game development” commented Darryl Still, co-founder and CEO Kiss Ltd. “Such a perfect storm guarantees something fresh and vibrant for the game-playing audience”.
- Breaks out of the mould of typical JRPGs
- Classic dungeon crawler style game
- A highly tactical turn-based battle system accompanied with a unique character growth tree
- Visual story-telling using artistic cut-scenes
- The dungeons and side-events change randomly, making each dungeon experience unique
- Over 15 hours of play-time for a single play through!
- The storyline unfolds according to the player’s choice of heroes delivering a high replay value
DarkEnd launches on PC digital download stores on Friday 17 October 2014 with an SRP of $14.99 / £10.99 / 12,99€. Look out for special launch promotions.