Publisher Iceberg Interactive announces that the Closed Beta program for upcoming 4x space strategy title Dawn of Andromeda (PC) is now active, and registration has begun. Developer Grey Wolf Entertainment invites dedicated 4x gamers to register for the Closed Beta, in order to help shape the Andromeda Galaxy.
“This is our call to all enthusiastic and committed fans of the 4x genre, to enter the Closed Beta program and help us in a controlled test environment, with their valuable feedback”, says Mike Domingues, Lead developer at Grey Wolf Entertainment. He continues: “The Beta program will consist of various waves that will open up at different points during the process and we’ll introduce new players into the program during each wave. “
For more information on the Closed Beta program please visit the official Steam forums. The registration form for the Dawn of Andromeda Closed Beta program is now running on the Iceberg Interactive website.
Be the emperor!
Andromeda has seen quieter days, and it’s up to you to take the reins of one of many civilizations and guide it through the myriad dangers hiding in the galaxy. Build your empire, colonize new planets, interact with other factions and characters, research new technologies and build fleets so powerful, your enemies will tremble.
Explore a galaxy filled with diverse factions, outlaws, merchants, pirate clans and mercenaries but also anomalies, black holes, ancient artefacts, ruins and much more. Arriving in a new system may provide new opportunities or open up Pandora´s Box.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate in this real-time space strategy game, featuring real-time, non-instanced combat in a dynamic and ever-evolving galaxy.
- New factions and characters can join the fray mid-game; artefacts, ruins, anomalies and a huge variety of fascinating elements are scattered throughout the galaxy and can yield new research opportunities. Various characters such as outlaws, merchants and others roam the galaxy.
- Asymmetric gameplay. Not all races discover space travel at the same time, some may have yet to discover it, some may have already built a mighty empire, and some races may be naturally stronger than others. However if you’d rather prefer a traditional 4X experience and start an entirely symmetric game, it’s up to you.
- Pre-designed, customizable and randomly generated races, each with their unique backgrounds and traits.
- Accessible gameplay, featuring a highly-intuitive User Interface.
- Eras; unique scenarios, each with a pre-designed galaxy and background stories which you can play as one of the existing factions, each with their own victory conditions, traits, challenges and ongoing conflicts and relationships.
- Choose between researching pre-fabricated or randomly generated ship designs, or alternatively research and discover ship parts, allowing you to create your own unique ship designs from them.
- In depth diplomacy system. Create or join coalitions, make allies and enemies, but beware, each action you take can change how the rest of the galaxy will view you. Destroying an entire planet, or just praising or denouncing another race, can have a deep impact on the balance of the entire galaxy.
- Reduce micromanagement by appointing governors to your colonies and council members to your empire, all of whom can be leveled up. Each come with their own unique traits, happiness and experience.
- Multiple, customizable victory conditions, which can even be set to vary for each faction, making for unpredictable friends and foes.