How far will you go to assure the safety of your family and yourself?
Inner Void Interactive takes their new title, That Day We Left, to Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight. The development team is looking to raise 20 000€ from their crowdfunding campaign.
The game aims to provide a realistic image of the political and humanitarian issue that is the refugee crisis – from a refugee’s point of view. That Day We Left is a 3D adventure game that, like Inner Void’s previous title, ICY, focuses on meaningful choices and immersive narrative. Combined with resource management akin to survival games, That Day We Left offers a healthy balance of gameplay and storytelling.
Thanks to the use of real situations found in stories reported by refugees, there is a great sense of realism in the events that happen in the game. Due to the nature of the topic, InnerVoid strives to present the human aspect of the crisis and depict characters that are fleshed out and believable.
The game allows the player to experience the journey from a refugee’s perspective. You will assume the role of Rashid, the head of a family escaping the horrors of war to seek refuge in Europe. How far will you go to assure the safety of your family and yourself?
An early alpha demo is available for public download on GameJolt, Itch.io & IndieDB.
- Realistic portrayal of a journey of a group of refugees.
- Highly believable and fleshed-out characters.
- Meaningful choices that challenge your resolve.
- Survival-style resource management combined with adventure gameplay.
- Neutral representation of the crisis that refuses to preach or take sides.
- Name: That Day We Left
- Release date: May, 2017
- Platform(s): PC, Mac
- MSRP: TBA
- Kickstarter: kickstarter.com/projects/199630513/1521046270?token=1c03bf96