Divinity: Original Sin Gets Two New Companions in free The Bear and the Burglar DLC
Larian Studios is delivering some great new content to Divinity: Original Sin players today in the form of a juicy update. “The Bear and the Burglar” DLC pack, available for free via Steam, not only improves co-op dialogue by streamlining lengthy discussions, but adds two brand new companions with unique story arcs who can join your party as you set off to save Rivellon.
Bairdotr, a curious and loyal ranger, has gotten herself into some trouble at the Legion barracks, while the silent rogue Wolgraff has found himself a nice hustle stealing coins from the wishing well in the Cyseal hinterlands (accessible through the graveyard tunnel).
Check out their concept art and a short description of each companion below:
“You seem strong as mother, though your chest is not quite so hairy. Your sword may come in handy when we find who I seek.”
Armed with her bow on her back and her claws at the ready, Bairdotr refuses to fail: She must navigate your world – a world of wonder and mysteries both fantastic and terrible – if she’s to save Homeforest. The druid of the forest has been kidnapped, and Bairdotr must follow a scant trail of clues if she’s to bring him back – clues that take her to the very heart of Rivellon’s Source conspiracy.
*Wolgraff gives you a knowing look. He seems to think the mayor is a few arrows short of a quiver.*
Dark Sourcery deprived Wolgraff of his voice when he was but a kid, and with it his dream of becoming a Source Hunter. Refused by the Order, he grew up to become a rogue, stealing from the rich and giving to… just himself actually. His is a world of silence, but if need be he lets his dagger do the talking for him.
To get “The Bear and the Burglar” DLC, just download it from Steam or update the game via GOG.com. You can find both companions in Cyseal when you start a new game, after you’ve downloaded the DLC. The DLC is also localized into German, French and Russian
There’s a lot more coming to Divinity: Original Sin in the coming months!
About Divinity: Original Sin
Divinity: Original Sin goes back to the roots of memorable and beloved cRPGs, featuring isometric, party-based gameplay; turn-based combat; gripping dialogues; choice and consequence; enthralling story; profound character and party development; a big interactive world filled with characters and items; free exploration… There is one main goal, and how you get there is completely up to you. Of course, everything is more fun with a friend and so is Original Sin: drop-in, drop-out multiplayer takes care of that, both online and locally.
- Become part of a reactive, living and open world. Explore diverse environments, find myriad creatures and tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping, party and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos.
- Play in co-op multiplayer and engage in co-op dialogues. Shape your relationships with your partner that will influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of Rivellon. Taking place well before Divine Divinity and The Dragon Knight Saga, Divinity: Original Sin presents you with a familiar world in another era.
- Classless system lets you shape your character any way you want. Endless item interaction and combinations take things to another level of freedom.
- Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin you’ll get the powerful Divinity Engine Toolkit used by the game’s designers.