Behold: the only game to actually deal with underemployment and the need for financial literacy — CRAP! I’M BROKE: OUT OF POCKET.
Based on experiences that most of us can relate to, Crap! I’m Broke is set in a Cubist-inspired world where you must take to the streets in search of work. On your own for the first time, you begin your career as a human statue, club bouncer, or any other odd job you stumble upon — anything to avoid eviction and keep starvation at bay.
As you dash through town, look for “Help Wanted” signs. Each one presents a challenging new time-limited mini-game, such as:
* scrubbing dishes until they’re squeaky clean at a local diner
* flipping burgers for customers at a burger joint
* putting colored cans in their appropriate bins at a factory
Stay sharp, though: You must keep an eye on the countdown timer *and* hunger meters. Forgetting to pay your bills on time will get you evicted; not saving enough money for food will cause you to die of starvation! On the other hand, paying your bills before the due date will unlock special micro-games that you can play at your leisure. If you complete special “Employee of the Month” challenges, you can also earn extra bonuses after every successful job!
Random events can and will take place — raising the cost of your bills at the end of the month. Thankfully, you can also earn lifetime achievements and buy new items to unlock higher-paying jobs… and eventually SELL achievements and items on particularly tough months. How about THAT for realism?
(You can put off the inevitable by going into debt — but make sure you pay it off by the end of the month. If you’re late, say goodbye to that comfy apartment.)
If you regularly complete challenges, give to charity, and do other good deeds, you’ll be rewarded with good luck through the game’s karma system — which increases your chances at winning lottery tickets, receiving gifts in the mail, and more. Likewise, performing less-than-stellar deeds will land you on the business end of a series of unfortunate events 🙂
* Enjoy a Cubist-inspired game world and a jazzy soundtrack by underground musician Kimono.
* Pursue a variety of careers as dishwasher, human statue, bouncer … and many more!
* Play fun mini-game jobs — and do whatever it takes to pay those bills.
* Use your newfound disposable income to buy items, unlock perks, and earn new jobs — spending as wisely or as recklessly as you see fit.
* Save spare time between levels and unlock micro-games.
* Choose and accomplish New Year’s resolutions and collect lifetime memories.
* Be a Good Samaritan and reap rewards — or misbehave and be met with bad luck — with an in-game karma system.
* Buy items at the in-game webshop that may grant you perks and access to new areas.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Crap! I’m Broke: Out of Pocket will be available on the App Store and Google Play on October 11th for only $1.99. The game does not include any IAPs or additional DLC.