A fantastical furry creature has recently been seen roaming the swamps. The rare Otto Von Chesterfield, or “Chester” for short, is a curious critter indeed.
As a special treat for those savvy enough to subscribe to our electronic informational postings, you have been provided with the above image for your studies. If you fancy a larger version, you may click it to acquire such!
New Update: Spoiled Rotten
Sound the trumpets! Alert your friends! Raise your instruments of science in triumph! The latest update of Don’t Starve is now live – Prepare to be spoiled rotten!
- Food spoils over long periods of time. Stale and Spoiled foods are less beneficial. Rotten food is practically inedible, but can be used as fuel or fertilizer.
- Health and hunger values have been re-tuned across the board. Characters have a larger hunger buffer now.
- Crock pot foods are stackable.
- You can build a fridge to mitigate spoilage.
- New unlockable character: WX78, a robot who can eat spoiled food with no penalties, and who hates all living things.
- Steam cloud can be disabled (details here)
- Camera controls for streamers/youtubers: CTRL+P will freeze the camera in place. CTRL+H will hide the hud
- Smallbirds grow up to become angsty Teenbirds. Teenbirds grow up to be Tallbirds and leave the player.
- The mysterious Otto Von Chesterfield can be found in some swamps. (You will need a regen to find him)
- Beefalo travel in proper herds now. Herds regenerate off-screen (currently with adults)
- Beefalo herds become agitated when they go into heat, and will chase away the player if they are not wearing a beefalo hat.
- Beefalo sometimes drop a beefalo horn, which can be used to move beefalos around.
- The spiderhat is no longer craftable – you just wear the queen’s head directly. It also can’t be used to steal spiders from an existing queen.