The End is Nigh Update!
Greetings fellow champions of science! We have unleashed a new update of Don’t Starve upon the world! Those of you with a keen sense of time may have noticed our newsletter is a little later than usual. We thank you for your patience as we worked with Steam to fully launch an exciting new announcement…
Don’t Starve is now available for Mac and Linux through Steam!
That’s right, Linux and Mac players can head over to the Don’t Starve Steam page and get the full details! Now, onward to the update notes!
- The game now runs on Mac and Linux on Steam (in case you missed that part above)
- The game properly supports monitors with aspect ratios other than 16:9
- You can resize the HUD in the options menu
- New armours: Grass and Marble
- You can craft a walrus-tusk walking stick, like a sir!
- You can find blueprints which unlock some recipes early
- Added lumpy trees that don’t drop pinecones
- Added pig heads on sticks in mermland, merm heads on sticks in pigland
- Added titles at the start of adventure mode
- Some resource types will randomly swap out in adventure mode levels, for added challenge.
Full Release Notes & Discussion!
For the full list of changes, tweaks, improvements and changes you can head over to our The End is Nigh forum post!
Did you miss our most recent trailer? For shame! If you need to quickly rectify this you can do so by clicking the image below. You will be transported to YouTube for convenient viewing pleasure!