With today’s content update, we’ve added the vast majority of the content from the Reign of Giants expansion into Don’t Starve Together! To get your hands on the new update, simply update Don’t Starve Together on Steam and you’re good to go!
If you’ve been missing the content from Reign of Giants while playing Don’t Starve Together, you’ll finally be reunited with your friends and foes from the single player expansion. If you haven’t played Reign of Giants before, you’re in for a real treat. The world of Don’t Starve Together is getting a whole lot, er, giant-er.
Update Major Features
- New Playable Character: Wigfrid is a playable character who is a stage actress. She went a bit too deep into method acting for her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie. She only eats meat and excels in battle.
- New Playable Character: Webber is a playable character who is a young boy. Specifically, he’s a young boy who lives inside of the spider who tried to eat him long ago. He’s a monster who has learned some tricks from his arachnid encasement.
- New Season – Spring is a new season that brings heavy rains. With the rain comes more active flora and more aggressive fauna.
- New Season – Summer is a new season that brings a blistering heat wave. Plants will shrivel and you will too if you don’t keep cool. Oh, and the season previously known as Summer will be henceforth known as Autumn.
- Two new biomes: the Desert and the Deciduous Forest. Both are filled with new creatures, plants and gatherables. As with most things in Don’t Starve Together, they’ll help you survive. Or maybe kill you.
- The Giants for every season! Deerclops isn’t the only big bad lurking out there, now.
This is just a taste of the main features you’ll find in the newest update. If you’re looking for a complete list of what now awaits for you in the world of Don’t Starve Together, check out our Don’t Starve Together Reign of Giants post on the Klei Forum.