New Update: Hungry For Your Hunger!
Greetings and salutations fellow champions of science! We’re happy to announce the latest update for Don’t Starve is now available on Chrome, Steam and Standalone versions. We thank you for your patience as we banished the vile code-demons preventing us from getting it to you sooner.
Also, it should be noted that the image above is also a desktop wallpaper. You may click upon it to receive a gigantified version of it!
So without any further delay, we’ve compiled our usual electronic telegram to inform you of the bounty of improvements that await you. If you’re looking for a place to discuss these new improvements, we have just such a thing! Head over to our post in the Don’t Starve forum.
Latest Update Trailer
If you missed it, you can check out our latest update trailer, which includes new cinematic animations for your viewing pleasure. You may feast upon it by clicking on the delectable image below to be whisked away to our YouTube post.
There’s a new one! And in our usual fashion, you may preview a teensie-weensie sample version just to the left of this very text. However… If you click on it, it will grow to a monstrous size using the powers of the internet!
Major Update Notes:
The adorable Slurper is a glowing cave-dweller who is hungry… for your hunger.
A new mechanical minion, the Clockwork Castle, has been seen stomping around Maxwell’s parts of the world.
- Yellow and Orange gems can now be found while spelunking underground.
- Star Caller’s staff (yellow gem) – Summon your very own tiny star for light and warmth!
- The Lazy Forager’s amulet (orange gem) – Because bending over to pick things up is so beneath you!
- Telelocator Focus – Use this construction to control the wild energies of your Telelocator Staff.
- Control customization! Change your control settings from the main menu.
- The research system has been shuffled around to separate Magic and Science; build the new Prestihatitator to access the Magic side of research.
- Splumonkeys will now pick up (and wear!) hats. Who doesn’t love a monkey in a hat?
If you’re looking for general update discussion or information on changes surrounding the always increddible community mods, head over to our main thread.
An 11th track has been added to the Don’t Starve soundtrack!
What’s in the soundtrack you ask?
Original instrumental music composed and arranged by Vince de Vera and Jason Garner, this soundtrack DLC has 11 tracks presented in magnificent high-quality FLAC and MP3 formats. Fun Fact: You’ll get new tracks as they are released in the game!