Sony Online Entertainment, LLC (SOE) and ProSiebenSat.1 Games today announced the launch of EverQuest®II: Tears of Veeshan™, the 10th expansion for the hit massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). The Tears of Veeshan expansion features engaging new content, including a compelling storyline to experience, a new overland realm to explore, massive dungeons, dragon-themed Alternative Advancements (AAs), the new Channeler class, and a host of challenging quests and items.
“EverQuest II will reach a variety of major milestones over the next year, from today’s 10th expansion launch of Tears of Veeshan, through next year’s 10th anniversary celebration,” said Holly Longdale, Sr. Producer, EverQuest II. “Our team remains as dedicated today as it was during EQII’s initial launch. This expansion carries on our tradition of delivering rich features and content… only this time we’ve filled the skies with an army of everyone’s favorite winged beasts!”
EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan is set amongst the Eternal Broodlands, resting place of the dragon dead. Here, players will rediscover familiar fallen dragons, including Yelinak (now the keeper of the Vesspyr Isles), and learn of Kerafyrm the Awakened’s quest to rule all. Using his stolen Tear of Veeshan, Kerafyrm’s fearsome power now threatens Norrath. Players are called upon to fight the Awakened’s draconic army, shine light into the world’s looming darkness, and set the tone for a new Age’s beginning.
EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan content and features include:
- Overland Dragon Realm – Venture through Vesspyr, the Eternal Broodlands, while seeking quests, collections, and more!
- Variety of Quests – Signature, story, tradeskill, point-of-interest and dropped quests, missions and collections.
- New Dungeons (9) – Experience unique local stories across new dungeons, including Temple of Veeshan (3), High Keep (2), Nexus Core, Chamber of Stasis, Stratum of the Protectors, and the Fractured Hive.
- Dragon-Themed Alternate Advancements (AAs) – A new line of AAs (healer, warrior, mage, and scout) dedicated to iconic dragons.
- New Channeler Class – Wield your bow while taking advantage of this new Priest class’s “dissonance” energy, intercept healing mechanics, and Construct pets.
- Additional Features and Content – New itemization focused on flexibility and play style choices, AA limit raised to 340, tradeskill apprentice items, and a new PvP item tier.
EverQuest II: Tears of Veeshan is rated T for Teen by the ESRB with the content descriptors for suggestive themes and the use of alcohol and violence. Tears of Veeshan is available for €40. The Collector’s Edition, which includes several in-game bonus items, is available for €85. EverQuest II is a Free to Play. Your Way™ title for PC systems via digital download in Europe via ProSiebenSat.1Games.
Standard and Collector’s Edition items include:
- Aeraykn Monk Mercenary: “Slymar”
- Aeraykn Monk Mercenary: “Slymar”
- Ethernere Enclave Prestige Home
- Darkcrow Etherwing Mount
- Painting: Tears of Veeshan
- Potion: 1×2 HR 100% XP
- Shissar Custodian Plushie
For more information on Tears of Veeshan, please visit our website.
About EverQuest II
EverQuest II is the epitome of massively multiplayer gaming, a huge online world that blends deep features, heritage, and community. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful game world to explore, EverQuest II sets the standard for graphical realism as players are immersed in the game’s exciting locales, mysterious lands, intense battles, exciting quests, and amazing achievements.
EverQuest II features a powerful epic storyline and gives players the power to be the hero or villain in their personal adventure. Players enter this world by creating their own unique character, choosing from 20 races and 26 classes. Players will encounter thousands of creatures as they travel across a majestic landscape of enchanted forests, deadly volcanic plains, rolling hills, and bustling cities. Thousands of items, hundreds of spells, and unlimited adventure await all who enter the world of EverQuest II.