British competitive gaming culture brand EXCEL ESPORTS is pleased to share the growth of its commercial team with several hires including Commercial Director Mark Carter, Commercial Analyst Elle Garner, Partnerships Manager Jordan Bedford and Partnerships Executive Owen Betteridge.
- Over the last three months EXCEL has doubled its commercial team to provide increased focus to help shape, inform and measure everything they do as they look to accelerated growth over the next 18 months. Leaning on its Power of Better ethos and its core pillars of sustainability, inclusion and learning, EXCEL has seen its commercial pipeline rapidly grow.
- With over 15 years’ experience in delivering value creation through digital propositions and partnerships in international markets for brands such as UEFA and Visa, Mark Carter has taken on the role of Commercial Director.
- “Since joining EXCEL I have been focused on working alongside the team to develop big and bold propositions which deliver substantial ROI to both our existing and new partners. These propositions are ground breaking and have provided a springboard for EXCEL to enter new markets as we seek to expand our UK and international presence. I am proud to share that alongside the growth of the commercial team our pipeline has increased by 300% over the last four months and continues to grow at a strong rate.” comments Mark Carter, Commercial Director, EXCEL ESPORTS
- Jordan Bedford joins EXCEL as a Partnerships Manager with over three years in business development and sales. In his role Jordan will help grow and maintain the EXCEL’s commercial portfolio.
- Elle Garner joins from Bristol Student Union where she was responsible for managing commercial media sales and advertising opportunities. Elle will help EXCEL to interpret data to help with key business concepts and decision making.
- As the newest member of the team Owen Betteridge brings strong sports partnership experience having worked at Human Race managing partners and sponsors across its entire portfolio of mass participation events.
- The team expansion coincides with EXCEL’s recent 20 million funding round announcement which will see the brand develop on bold commercial propositions for their partners in the UK and international markets. In the last six months alone EXCEL has attracted partners such as Chupa Chups, Sony, Beyond NRG and AndaSeat.
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here