Build an empire and conquer Europe across a huge game map consisting of over 20 million square kilometres
Witness for yourself the unrivalled scale and majesty of Grand Ages: Medieval, as Kalypso Media is excited to reveal a brand new Game World trailer. The debut footage shows off the gigantic in-game environment in which players can build, develop and conquer as they see fit. From luscious green woodlands and craggy mountain peaks to river filled rolling hills, the entirety of Europe is available to explore and utilise. How you begin to develop an empire is completely up to you – whether it is the considered approach of diplomacy or the strength of military arms that forges your path to greatness. Craft useful trade routes (but watch out for plundering bandits), develop key relationships with surrounding settlements or intimidate the opposition with the might of your army.
Grand Ages: Medieval is scheduled for release in 2015 for PC. The ‘Game World’ trailer can be watched below – and for more information please visit www.kalypsomedia.com.
About Grand Ages: Medieval
It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress and a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness. Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.
Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilising construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement and rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!
Features of Grand Ages: Medieval
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometres, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilise 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players via network and online