Fable Fortune has got a big one for you today, hold on to your chickens! Have you ever wondered how are Heroes came to be where they are today? Well, you can now play through Heroic Tales to learn about a Hero’s background! Fable Fortune will kick off with Crimson’s story: the human-turned-balverine struggles with acceptance and is constantly being hunted; she’ll need to become the hunter if she wants to live.
Wanted to let your opponent or ally know how you’re feeling in battle? Maybe you need to congratulate them on a good play, or have your Hero tell one of their best jokes. What about having a unit fart whilst in play, mocking your opponent? Well, you can do all that and more with the new Emotes! Both your Hero and units have their own emotes, so play around with them all. There is also an option to mute your opponent and ally’s emotes, should they start becoming a bit insufferable.
They are introducing a much easier way of keeping track of our updates, via our in-game News! This handy section will let you read any updates the Fortune team have to give out, as well as including all previous and (when they come out) future patch notes. If there’s any newly posted news, Fable Fortune will automatically show you the next time you log in; after that, it’ll only show again if you decide to open it yourself. You can find the News button next to the newly redesigned Daily Bounties banner on the main menu.
Finally, some minor balance changes, and an overhauled Unstable Brew await you in battle – please check the sections below for more info. Fable Fortune are really excited to bring you the new Unstable Brew, they have been working on it for a while now!
As always, sound off in the comments to let us know what you think. And keep an eye out on http://www.fable-fortune.com, as well as our Facebook and Twitter for future updates. Fable Fortune dev roadmap also has a list of upcoming features.
Happy chicken chasing!
– Gary “Cerith” Paskins, Game Designer (Mediatonic)
Features & Updates
The Training button has been replaced with a “Solo Events” button! Upon going through this new portal, you will find Training (now split into 2 handy buttons for Normal or Hard difficulties for quicker access) and [b]Heroic Tales[/b]. You can now learn more about your favourite Heroes and how they came to where they are now by playing through their story! We’ll be rolling out different Heroes stories as time goes on, for now, please enjoy Part 1 of Crimson’s story.
When playing through a Hero’s story, you may only use decks belonging to that Hero – however, you are free to use any decks that you have built for that Hero. There’s also some rewards along the way!
- Story Time! – Explore Crimson’s Story. More Heroes’ stories coming soon!
Bring some light-hearted fun, or throw-down with your best taunts or jokes to the game with emotes! Hero’s have a huge variety of different emotes that change with your Morality, and even have multiple different lines for the same emote. Units can sing, taunt or even fart on your command. Be sure to use them all tactically during battle.
- Express Yourself – You can bring up a list of emotes for your Hero by right-clicking on your Hero or pressing LB while a card in your hand is highlighted.
- Units Have Feelings Too – You can bring up a list of emotes for units by right-clicking on a unit or pressing LB while a unit is highlighted.
- Hey Crimson, Introduce Yourself – Heroes and Bosses now have a variety of introductory messages at the start of a battle.
Up until now, to find out the latest news for Fortune, you’d have to go outside the game, now, with the introduction of News, you’ll now be able to find out all announcements from the team directly inside the game. We’ll be posting patch notes, announcements, updates and anything else that might be useful to you here.
- In the Loop – Stay up to date with any and all Fortune news from inside the game!
- Notice Banners – The Daily Bounties orb has been replaced with a couple of banners in the main menu. These 2 banners will bring up the News and Daily Bounties respectively.
Co-Op Boss Powers
After we ran Demon Door as a trial Co-Op boss not long ago, we got lots of feedback from the community – most notably that the Boss Power was so integral to the battle, not knowing what it was beforehand was frustrating, especially as a lot of players would not check the power once in battle either, and it was a conditional ability. We’ve now added the option for you to view a Boss’s Power before entering the battle, by viewing it on the event screen for that boss.
- You Are Now Prepared – Boss Powers can now be viewed when looking at the Boss event screen.
Putting the “Unstable” and “Brew” in Unstable Brew
Unstable Brew has been completely redesigned; we wanted to have a spell that made you really feel like you were playing as a travelling alchemist salesperson, whipping up new brews on a whim when needed. This led us to this new design for Unstable Brew: the card costs 2 Gold and now reads “Conjure a custom spell. Add the first of two ingredients!”. So, what are the first ingredients you can choose from? Glad you asked!
- Give a friendly unit +2/+2.
- Summon two 2/2 Naive Punters.
- Heal a character for 4.
- Swap a unit’s Strength and Health.
- Set a unit’s Strength and Health to 4.
- Give an enemy unit -2/-2.
Conjuring 1 of the above of course means that you will be presented 3 of the 6 options, and you may choose 1 of the 3 options. So, you chose an ability, now what? The Brew returns to your hand, but it needs another ingredient… it needs something else. For another 2 Gold, you can choose another ingredient, here’s your list of potentials:
- Transform a random enemy minion into a 1/1 Oozling.
- Give units in your hand +1/+1.
- Draw a card.
- Add each Enhanced Vial to your hand.
- Summon three 1/1 Oozlings.
- Deal 4 damage split between enemies.
Same deal as the first ingredient, you can Conjure 1 of 3 of the second set of 6 ingredients; after selecting your second ability, the card returns to your hand, the Brew now complete! For a final 2 Gold, you can now play the combined effects in one spell! For your questing purposes, each time you choose an ingredient does count as playing a spell.
We really hope you have as much fun playing this card as we have done – lots of crazy concoctions can come out of this spell!
- Unstable Brew – Redesigned to, (2) “Conjure a custom spell. Add the first of two ingredients!”
The best defence is a good… defence?
Battle Medic has risen to newfound fame since her buff in one of our previous balance patches, and Rosewight Cager has always been a top performer since its release. Both of these cards offer a huge amount of value through their stats and/or abilities and are pushing out other contenders for units of similar a Gold cost. We’re lowering both of their stats ever so slightly to reduce their power a little, and open the path for other cards to be up for your consideration when building your decks.
- Battle Medic – Health decreased from 4 to 3.
- Rosewight Cager – Strength decreased from 3 to 2.
- Blacksmith no longer incorrectly appears in the Larger Than Life quest reward selection pool.
- Fixed an issue where you could select a button in the next screen immediately if you clicked in the right position, when entering an event.
- Fixed some friend invite issues around people prematurely exiting setup before starting a game.
- Fixed some visual issues when choosing an invalid deck while playing with a friend.
- General stability fixes.
- Rosewight Cager can cause games to cause an error in Heroic Tales. We’re not saying don’t use it for now but…
- Some cards with Invest and Train cannot be played when you have 6 units in play. We should hopefully have a fix for this soon!
- Some units that receive buffs while in your hand will not count towards the Oakfield quest, Help on the Farm.