Miss the glory days of a politics-free Facebook news feed? Wish the 2016 election would finally go away… for good?
Introducing FRIENDLY for Android — the long-anticipated arrival of one of the App Store’s most beloved social media enhancement apps. If you watch one (or both) of the videos below — you’ll see why:
The brand spanking new Keyword Filtering feature for Android and iOS devices works in two ways: If you’re tired of seeing political posts, simply set your Keyword Filter to hide posts and articles containing the keywords “election,” “Republican,” or “Democrat”… and voilà: Any posts containing those words will not appear in your feed. Conversely, if you want to see more posts featuring cats (or posts from a close friend), you can set a Keyword Filter to highlight topics and users. Why settle for Facebook’s less-than-ideal algorithm when you can take full control with Friendly?
Apart from returning sanity to your news feed, Friendly’s incremental loading also reduces battery drain, and even helps you save on storage and bandwidth!
Stephane Philipakis (co-founder, Friendly App Studio):
“We’re thrilled to make Friendly available to Android users. It’s no secret that people’s news feeds have become ‘heated’ during this election year. We’re confident that the Keyword Filtering feature can restore balance to the news feed — and bring peace back to Facebook walls everywhere.”
* Take control of your news feed with Keyword Filters.
* Preserve your device’s storage by consolidating all of Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram in a single app.
* Sort your feed by most recent posts.
* Save bandwidth with a built-in Ad Blocker (say goodbye to Facebook ads and trackers), auto play/auto download disabled by default, and incremental news feed loading.
* Go longer on a single battery charge: no location checks in background and smart loading keep power consumption in check.
* Secure your account with Fingerprint & Passcode Lock.
* Switch between work and personal profiles with Multi-Account Support.
* Customize each account with unique colors.
* Download and repost photos and videos seamlessly (iOS only).
Friendly originally launched on the App Store in June 2010. Since then, it has amassed more than 10 million downloads and a 4-star rating.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Friendly can be downloaded for free from both Google Play and the App Store. For a limited time, Android users can enable the Ad Blocker for only $0.99. After 2 weeks, the Ad Blocker feature will return to its $1.99 price.