Bigpoint adds new playfield, quests, spooky items and giveaways to their award-winning farm simulation game
Bigpoint, one of the world’s leading developers and publishers of online games, today announced a large update for their successful farm simulation game Farmerama. The Moonlight Expansion will be published as part of this year’s Halloween event starting on 23rd October.
Halloween has a long tradition in the six-year-old online game. “Moonlight Mania” originally emerged from 2010’s Halloween special and has been a popular monthly event in Farmerama ever since. For a 24-hour-period, players could access a themed overlay in the game to plant and harvest scarily cute plants and animals. They could also stop by a special shop run by a mysterious character called Jack O. Lantern, who sells spooky wares.
However, as the game grew, the issue of space became a hot topic among the players. With the release of the Moonlight Expansion, Bigpoint addresses this directly by providing players with access to the new moonlight playfield, which allows them to switch back and forth between this special playfield and their main farm with ease.
More spooktacular Halloween features:
- 4 new quests
- 3 new giver items (Fungi Forest, Terr-antula, Phantas-mill)
- A new tree (Tentacle willow) and a new plant (Latticed Stinkhorn)
- 4 animal workshops – Spooky sawmill (beaver), Spooky apiary (bee), Spooky moustache salon (cuckoo), Spooky luggage shop (goose)
- 1 spooky sticker
- “7 Days of Halloween”: A special giveaway, starting on October 26th. Players click on the calendar and win rewards. Players can win additional prizes by logging in on consecutive days.
- Layer Event: Dress to Thrill: Starting on October 28th, players must gather, grow, and deliver materials to help tailor spooky Halloween costumes for five animal characters.
On top of that, there are lots of special sale offers available during the Halloween event in Farmerama. For example, players can purchase the cute new pet, “Witchy Kitty”.