New RTS From Petroglyph and Team17 Arriving on Steam Early Access January 16th
Award-winning international games label Team17 today announced that Forged Battalion, the innovative and dynamic new take on the real-time strategy genre from Command & Conquer veterans Petroglyph will be available via Steam early access on 16th January 2018.
In Forged Battalion players build and customise their own unique faction as they fight in a variety of skirmish, solo and multiplayer battles. They will create, customise, and develop the blueprints of their emerging faction to create ever-evolving factories and units. Using resources gained from each battle, they will unlock new options through the tech tree allowing them to choose the archetype, and an array of armours, locomotors, weapons, and special abilities such as stealth and regeneration that will make each player’s faction one of a kind.
“The early access release of Forged Battalion is a vital part of developing the game.” Chuck Kroegel CEO of Petroglyph said. “We want fans to truly help forge what the game becomes so it’s important to get them into the game as soon as possible and start giving us their feedback. We can’t wait to see the unique factions that the community will create. We’ll see you on the battlefield!”
Early Access Launch Content available on January 16th will be as follows:
- Campaign missions comprising the first act of a multi-act storyline
- Skirmish maps supporting up to eight players
- Multiple Skirmish game modes including HQ Destruction and Annihilation
- Dedicated servers to support multiplayer
- Five customisable archetypes of vehicles (infantry, light vehicle, heavy vehicle, air and turrets)
- Resource management of tech tree points earned in tactical battles
The Early Access period for Forged Battalion is planned to run for several months, during which there will be regular content drops which will be outlined via a roadmap on the Steam forum.