IT disposal firm Computer Disposals Limited has analysed the number of times different consoles and game releases were mentioned in the press over the past 12 months, to see which were the most talked-about overall. Data was collected from their media database, which tracks and compiles press mentions.
The firm looked at games consoles, video games and tech, to create four top lists. You can find the full article here:
Fortnite is now most the world’s most talked-about game
- Despite first being released in 2017, Fortnite took the top spot. Regularly updated with fresh content, the game’s popularity continued to soar during lockdown
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons was the only Nintendo-exclusive game to make the top 10, while nine out of ten games on the list appeared on the PlayStation 4. No Microsoft-exclusive games appeared on the list.
- Cyberpunk 2077 received huge publicity this year for having so many issues after its release, causing it to be the second most talked about video game (for all the wrong reasons)
The Xbox One still the most-hyped games console
- Despite releasing in 2013, the Xbox One still reigned supreme with 458,746 mentions in the press, according to data
- The Nintendo Switch outranked all next-gen consoles, as well as the PlayStation 4, to be the second most talked-about console
- Despite the PlayStation 5 being projects to sell more units than the Xbox Series X, it didn’t stop the latter getting more online attention
- The Wii U was one of Nintendo’s biggest commercial failures, but it still managed to outperform the Nintendo Switch Lite in online mentions
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here