Congratulations! After a very long wait and a very terrible pandemic, Farming Simulator 22 is finally available to play! I’m sure many of you who are reading this have already reserved their copy a long time ago and got many of the bonuses that came with pre-order. Perhaps you’re playing the game right now, and you decided to take a break to give your eyes a rest and learn more about the new game you’re playing. And if you’re like us, with every new game that you purchase, you love to find amazing mods so you can tweak your game exactly the way you like it.
There are hundreds of mods available for Farming Simulator 22, even though it just came out. I guess modders have been waiting for this game for quite a while. So what are the best mods to install onto your game, and where can you find great mods? We can answer those questions right here.
New FS22 Features
Before discussing modding, let’s go over a few of the best new additions to Farming Simulator 22. These new machines, game mechanics, and features are sure to make the game so much better than previous editions.
- The production line – Perhaps the biggest new game mechanic in Farming Simulator 22 is the production line. Now, you can create sellable items with the products from your farm.
- Hundreds of new sounds – The developers of FS22 announced that they overhauled their entire library of sounds for the new game. Audio engineers recorded brand new machine sounds for every kind of terrain and even made the sounds more complex, especially for the engines. Animals sounds are more varied, and footsteps will have different sounds, depending on the type of terrain your character walks through
- Wind will have a significant impact on crops. Like the real world, the wind in the game can now affect your trees and crops, and bad weather can ruin crops if they are not protected.
In a few months, be on the lookout for mods that improve or extend the features and mechanics above. I’ve been playing Farming Simulator since 2013, and one of the first mods that I always download is improved weather graphics. I plan to download improved graphics mods in FS22 as well. This time around, because the game has a new season-based weather system, the graphics, details, and realism are sure to be amazing.
How to start modding your game
Many FS22 mods are already available all over the internet, but that does not mean that they are all worthy of being downloaded. Some of them are well made, and their creators took dozens of hours to perfect every issue and bug. But high-quality mods are far and few between, and you’ll have to search through piles and piles of trash mods that will crash your game and destroy your save point.
How to find great mods
Forums and Community websites
The first place you need to search to find great mods is the many Farming Simulator forums and community websites. Just type in Farming Simulator Forum into Google, and it will generate plenty of different websites where you can scavenge through. When you enter one of these communities, search for the modding section and read through the threads. If you see a particular site with a lot of engagement, don’t be afraid to make an account so you can save responses, and create questions, answer questions, and be part of a community. Each forum will have a section dedicated to modding to make good mods easy to find.
The second place to find great mods for Farming Simulator 22 is YouTube. There is a massive modding community on YouTube, and to find it, you just need to know the right keywords. So play around with some keywords, and you will soon hit a jackpot of great modding videos. Not only will you find great mods, but you will find out how to install them now to fix any bugs or issues that may develop when you run the game for the first time.
Lastly, you can find great mods for the latest Farming Simulator game on modding websites, like ModLand. There are dozens of modding websites that amateur and professional modders alike gather to upload their mods for all to use. Certain sites require a small fee to create an account and download mods. Some other sites are free. But beware; free sites are far more likely to have mods filled with bugs and errors. The paid sites are stricter and require testing and guides to help players solve issues.
New Important modding feature
Since most games have some type of modding community around them, both indie games and AAA rating $60 games house help the modding community in one way or another by adding small assets and features that make installing and implementing mods Within a player’s game easier. The developers that create each Farming Simulator game have decided to join forces with their game’s modding community. The developers created a side menu so players can control their game’s mods.
This mod menu can be found in the settings section, accessible when you press the escape button while you are in-game. This small but simple feature shows that the creators and developers of the Farming Simulator franchise listen to their customers and want to encourage creation and Innovation from the community, even if it’s not from the developers themselves.
Modding tips from FS19
Modding any game requires the player to perform a few important steps to not ruin the game mechanics, graphics, and gameplay. Based on the last game, Farming Simulator 22, here are a few tips to know if you decide to mods the new FS22 game.
- Create a folder so you can organize all of your mods. Plus, storing your mods like this will make it easier for the game to load them in the right order.
- In the mods menu, create a load order, so small mods are loaded in the game after large mods.
- When the DLCs come out, be sure to update all the mods, so they are compatible with the DLCs.
- If you plan on using multiplayer, it may be a good idea for everyone in your friend group to have the same mods.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here