Indie developers The Game Bakers have announced today their award-winning, highly anticipated, all-boss combat-action game, Furi, is now available to download on Xbox One priced at $19.99 / 19.99 € / £16.99. For the occasion, a figurine of the game hero in an all-action pose has been made available through a Kickstarter campaign.
Got your our figurine here: www.furigame.com/kickstarter
Furi is a challenging game comprised entirely of one-on-one fights against deadly adversaries over a mysterious quest for freedom. With its ultra-intense and responsive gameplay, Furi offers players a unique mix of fast-paced sword fighting and frantic dual-stick shooting.
In the Xbox One version, The Game Bakers are serving up the game with all its latest improvements along with a new boss fight. A new guardian, The Flame, will test gamers’ focus and mastery, over the energetic track composed by American musician Scattle.
For the fans, the developers have created a figurine of Rider in action pose with signature flowing cape and hair. The figurine has been designed by Takashi Okazaki. It’s 16.3” (16 cm) high, in vinyl (PVC) and hand-painted. It is priced at $32 / 30 €, and to make it a reality The Game Bakers need 1,200 backers on Kickstarter. The Kickstarter campaign is starting today.
Inspired by Japanese games such as No More Heroes, Metal Gear Solid and Godhand, Furi captures the combined moment of fright, passion and adrenaline you feel when in a fight. Each of the opponents have been designed by Afro Samurai creator, Takashi Okazaki. Furi’s award-winning electro / synthwave soundtrack keeps players on their toes with every battle.
Furi will launch on Xbox One at $19.99 / 19.99 € / £16.99 – its lowest price to date. The price will also change on the other platforms in the coming days.
- Furi is available on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam
- Furi is a boss-fight game designed to challenge your skills against a wide variety of unique bosses.
- Furi is about you, the hero, regaining your freedom. While you piece the story together it raises questions on what’s worth fighting for.
- Character design by Afro Samurai’s creator Takashi Okazaki
- Award winning electro/synth wave soundtrack with all original creations by Carpenter Brut, Danger, The Toxic Avenger, Lorn, Scattle, Waveshaper and Kn1ght.
- Furi offers a simple set of controls: shoot, slash, parry and dodge, and they can be charged. Furi’s depth comes from the players learning how best to apply their powers against the varied bosses. Timing, reflexes, and execution will determine how you fare against each one.
- Furi is a game that requires skills and reflexes. No button mashing or combo learning. You need to wait for your adversary to show an opening to fight back.
- Furi’s default difficulty is “Furi” mode. Beat the game in Furi mode, and you’ll unlock Furier difficulty (hardcore). Beat it in Furier, you’ll unlock a Speedrun mode (compete against time or number of hits – with leaderboards).
- Double vinyl and digital OST, tee-shirts, poster available on the Furi Store furi.hitpoint.tv. The original soundtrack is also available on Bandcamp and most digital stores.
Key Furi Sites:
Developer Site: www.thegamebakers.com