XY—Ancient Origins introduces all-new Special Energy cards, Ancient Traits, and awesome Pokémon-EX!
The Pokémon Company International announced today the latest expansion in the Pokémon Trading Card Game franchise. The Pokémon TCG: XY—Ancient Origins expansion transforms ancient secrets into modern battling techniques, with new Special Energy cards, Ancient Traits, more Pokémon-EX, and special Shiny Pokémon! Booster packs and two theme decks—Stone Heart and Iron Tide—will be available in stores on August 12, 2015, introducing more than 90 new cards to collect and play.
Ancient Traits were first introduced in Pokémon TCG: XY—Primal Clash and give various advantages in battle. Separate from attacks and Abilities, they provide powerful new effects that can change the course of a game! New Ancient Traits arriving in XY—Ancient Origins include Θ Stop, Θ Max, and Θ Double.
Making its debut in the Pokémon TCG, the Mythical Pokémon Hoopa brings new power to the Pokémon world as Hoopa-EX. This Pokémon is a must-have for decks loaded with Pokémon-EX—with its Scoundrel Ring Ability, you can search your deck for three other Pokémon-EX when Hoopa-EX comes into play.
Mega Rayquaza-EX, Primal Groudon-EX, and Primal Kyogre-EX return in XY—Ancient Origins as Shiny Legendary Pokémon with brand-new Ancient Traits! These cards sport artwork that has never been seen before and bring a darker shade to the Pokémon TCG, making them highly sought after by players and collectors.
Key Features of the Pokémon TCG: XY—Ancient Origins expansion
- 11 New Pokémon-EX, Including 3 New Mega Evolution Pokémon, and 14 New Full-Art Pokémon-EX Cards—Including Mega Tyranitar-EX, Mega Ampharos-EX, and Mega Sceptile-EX, plus full-art Shiny versions of Primal Kyogre-EX, Primal Groudon-EX, and Mega Rayquaza-EX!
- Half Art Cards— Many Pokémon with Ancient Traits have half art cards, where the art extends into and behind the text box.
- 14 Trainer Cards— Many brand-new Trainer cards, a full-art Trainer card, and two new Special Energy cards add new depth and tactics to the Pokémon TCG.
- Booster Packs—Packs of 10 additional cards selected from the expansion.
- Two New Theme Decks—These 60-card preconstructed decks are designed to introduce players to the Pokémon TCG by enabling them to play right away.
XY—Ancient Origins theme decks and booster packs include an in-pack code card that unlocks virtual cards from the XY—Ancient Origins expansion for play in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online at www.pokemon.co.uk/tcgo . This online version of the Pokémon TCG is also now available on iPad via the Apple App Store. The rules are the same for both the paper and online versions, so the Pokémon TCG Online is a great way to continue the fun when your friends aren’t around.
The Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) is a collectible and competitive trading card game. In the competitive Pokémon TCG, each player constructs a deck of 60 cards and uses it to battle against other players in fast-paced, strategy-oriented play. Since the debut of the Pokémon TCG in 1996, more than 21.5 billion cards have been shipped to 74 countries around the world.