Robots In The Wild — an imaginative take on Tetris-like puzzle-solving and base-building — is launching today on Steam Early Access:
Developed by one-man studio Heatbox Games, Robots In The Wild has players build an impenetrable “robot fortress” to survive raids from fierce monsters (who come out only at night) and endure against deadly natural disasters.
Not long ago, Robots lived in peace on a massive mothership … until one day, they were hit by a gigantic asteroid scattering their Blocks (and more importantly, their <HEARTS>) across the galaxy. Since these are the most precious Robots of them all, it’s important that you keep them safe!
Build your Robo-fortress by rotating and strategically placing falling Blocks. Connect Blocks in different formations to build Robots, such as:
* PewPewBot, which shoots lasers out of its mouth
* LampBot, who lights up the darkest nights
* DwellingBot, an essential Bot that produces four BatteryBots that deliver sweet power to your other Robots
(Make sure to keep everything connected through the Blocks power grid, since even the most energy efficient Robots still need a clear path to a BatteryBot.)
The Monsters are incredibly dangerous and come in many different forms. Some have many mouths, others explode on contact, and a few even stand on each other’s heads! Some are so massive that they can swallow your base up in one bite. Hurry up and get those defenses ready — because hungry alien Monsters wait for no man, woman or Robot. While Earth’s creatures like to sleep when it’s dark outside, these Monsters like to go “bump” in the night! You’d better build some LampBots; otherwise, you’re not going to see anything after the sun sets …
Aaron “Heatbox” Heaton (CEO, Heatbox Games):
“Robots In the Wild is a game about building sweet Robot Citadels and running them efficiently. Crash landing on an alien world would be hard enough, but these ‘bots have to face hungry monsters … and enough natural disasters to fry any mainframe!”
The following features have been added since the game has been Greenlit:
* New boss fight
* Gamepad support
* More bonus challenge planets
* Simulator mode: Create your own planets!
KEY FEATURES (core game)
* Drop Blocks to build Robots and pathways, forming an interconnected fortress.
* Build fun combinations of Robots to automate simple tasks.
* Overcome the forces of nature from quicksand to volcanoes.
* Use your Robots to outmaneuver and outmuscle a wide variety of intergalactic Monsters.
All sound effects and voices in Robots In The Wild were created and voiced by lead developer and professional beatboxer, Aaron “Heatbox” Heaton!
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Robots In The Wild is now available on Steam Early Access for $9.99. The game is compatible with Windows and Mac.