Worldwide Release Scheduled for February
In anticipation of the global launch of the brand new tactical RPG multiplayer HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS™ later this month, Square Enix Ltd., today released a first look video featuring Paul Croft from MEDIATONIC and Masanori Ichikawa of SQUARE ENIX®. The video explains the basics of the game and includes a concept movie that shows the unique world of HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS.
Currently in open beta in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS releases worldwide later this month.
Developed as a brand new IP for mobile platforms, SQUARE ENIX has worked with UK based developers MEDIATONIC Ltd., (Amateur Surgeon) to create the game and bring the world to life. The project has had a collaborative approach, with Japan-based Yumiru Corporation supporting development and, keeping it in the SQUARE ENIX family, the game also features characters designed by Ryoma Ito (FINAL FANTASY® TACTICS ADVANCE) and music by Ryo Yamazaki (FINAL FANTASY XIV).
In HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS, players enter a war-torn world on the brink of extinction and embark on an epic adventure full of simple yet highly immersive tactical battles. The once-prosperous aerial kingdom of Lunnain lies in tatters, assaulted from above by the Fallen – ruthless monsters of nightmare who seek only complete destruction. But the people will not take their fate lying down, and their strike back at the heavens starts now.
The new battle system has been designed especially for mobile devices – it’s intuitive and easy to learn but allows the player to unearth deep strategic possibilities, quick-entry player-vs-player combat, and hundreds of unique characters to collect, grow and evolve.
In HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS, players must fight their way to the top of the game’s leader boards for heavenly global domination.
- Battle against players across the world in real time in simple yet deep tactical battles, built especially for mobile devices
- Collect and train over 200 fully-animated units
- Embark on an epic quest across Lunnain to save the legendary Seven Sisters
- Climb the Sacred League to earn epic rewards
- Take part in regular events and weekend Arena competitions
- Features characters designed by Ryoma Ito (FINAL FANTASY TACTICS ADVANCE) and music by Ryo Yamazaki (FINAL FANTASY XIV)