Pack your warmest winter combat armor, because we’re excited to share with you some of the cool new content coming in the next major update for Heroes of the Storm!
Welcome to Volskaya
First off, we’re taking players into the Nexus to our newest Battleground—icy Volskaya Foundry. This snowy, sprawling three-lane control Battleground features Overwatch-style capture points, moving conveyor belts, and one of the best objective rewards yet—a giant mech to pilot with your team.
New Heroes Enter the Nexus
We also have two new Overwatch heroes who will soon be joining the fight:
- Junkrat — It’s always a perfect day for some mayhem with this ranged Assassin.
- Ana — A burst Healer who uses precise skillshots to heal allies and can deny enemy healing—take a look at our latest Hero Spotlight video and the attached character fact sheet for details.
New Brawl & Event Quest
- The massive update also includes a fun new event, Pachimari Mania—collect the Golden Pachimari and earn the new Pachimari portrait, emoji, banner, and spray.
- Try out the fast-paced, high-octane mechanized Brawl, Bash ‘Em Smash ‘Em Robots.
New Skins and Mounts
- Check out new Skins, including Shrike Ana and Commandant Varian.
- Ride into battle in style with the Celestial Raptor and never-before-seen Invisible Horse mounts.
Showmatch on Volskaya Foundry
Gale Force Esports is set to square off against Team Freedom in the Volskaya Showdown! This five-game exhibition will pit these two North American juggernauts against each other on Volyskaya Foundry, the newest Battleground in the Nexus. Both Jacob ‘SolidJakeGG’ Kulinski and Josh ‘Jhow’ Howard will be providing live commentary when the broadcast goes live September 21 at 19:00 CEST on Twitch.tv/blizzheroes.
See the Heroes Volskaya fact sheet for additional details on all the new content, and please let me know if you have any questions or would like to discuss coverage.