ICY, THE NARRATIVE-DRIVEN POST-APOCALYPTIC RPG LAUNCHES TODAY!
CAN YOU SURVIVE THE WHITE WASTELAND?
Digital Tribe Games is excited to announce the launch of Inner Void Entertainment’s narrative-driven, survival RPG, ICY, on Steam, Humble Store and other major digital distribution channels. ICY releases today at the suggested retail price of $12.99. An additional 25% discount will be available for a week in celebration of the title’s release.
ICY presents a full cast of complex characters with diverse personalities and dramatic backstories – each willing to tell you all if players decide to ask. Some characters encountered will even be willing to abandon their chosen path and join the player’s ever-growing nomad family as they make their way across the Frozen World in search of lost friends and a better life. Prepare to hunt, scavenge, trade and sometimes kill in order to obtain what is needed to survive.
In the world of the new Ice Age, players are immersed in the dire struggle to stay alive. The words you say and actions you make send you down branching paths where characters can become new friends, or bitter enemies, based on the tone of conversation you choose. The EXP players invested in Skills, and Items discovered when scavenging, dictate which options are available as they continually face new situations in this post-apocalyptic environment.
“ICY began as a little experiment inspired by NEO: Scavenger, which really managed to simulate the harshness of surviving in a hostile environment, as well as various RPGs in which player’s choices really matter – Games where dialogue isn’t just something to skip to get back to shooting people.
Survival games are quite popular, but most of them are procedural games in which the player has to survive as long as he/she can. With ICY, we wanted to put a long and complex plot alongside some more standard mechanics of the survival genre, but without using a central hub in which the player had to constantly return to as they slowly gather and build resources to improve their chances of survival.
In ICY, the player is the leader of a nomad family where survival is based on more than just collecting resources. That is just part of the nomad’s daily routine where survival not only consists of hunting and scavenging, but also how they choose to interact with other characters and tackle the situations they face as the narrative of the game plays out.
We worked hard to give it a unique flavor, to create a unique experience. ICY is not a clone of another game, but something with its own identity and we are very proud we have been able to achieve that.”
– Nathan Piperno, Inner Void
- Experience an intense and mature story of survival in a unique post-apocalyptic new Ice Age setting.
- Influence the plot with your choices, each containing various shades of morality that lead to multiple endings.
- Lead a group of survivors, each one with different needs, values and ideals.
- Scavenge for items and hunt for food while facing the challenges of starvation, illness, harsh elements as well as other bands of survivors.
- Over 400 pieces of detailed hand-drawn artwork illustrate the backdrop for the story.
- Customize your character by choosing how to distribute attribute points among 3 main character traits and 10 different skills that effects your abilities and experience through the entire game.
ICY is out today for Windows PC and Mac on Steam, Humble Store and other major digital distribution channels. Gamers will enjoy a celebratory 25% discount during the launch week.
Steam Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/375400