Serious Bros has released their environmentally conscious strategy sim Imagine Earth on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One. The game launched on PC last month to a positive reception from fans and critics.
In Imagine Earth, players must protect and nurture a fledgling space colony while wrestling against the looming threat of climate change. Supply resources and energy, establish trade, research new technologies, form alliances and wage economic warfare in a real-time battle for sustainable survival.
The game entered early access in May 2014 and kept on growing from there, with updates available almost every month until its final release this Summer. The final launch update was one of the biggest to date and is included in the console version. Among the many additions is the ‘World Congress’ in freeplay and endless mode – a democratic allegiance containing every faction on the planet, brought together by the threat of a climate crisis and environmental collapse.
- Carbon footprint: Earth has been destroyed by ecological collapse – will your new home go the same way? Keep your worldwide emissions to a minimum, or else suffer rising sea levels, freak weather events, and more.
- Boldly Go: Imagine Earth is a real-time planet simulation and a build up strategy game. Your job as a space colony manager is to explore distant planets, build up profitable colonies, and trade resources into space.
- Many ways to play: A multi-planet story campaign, ‘competition’ mode with five enemy factions, ‘endless’ mode with endless procedurally generated challenges, and a Planet Editor with custom building and terraforming.
- Hold the line: Use tower defence mechanics to protect your colony from invading aliens, marauding space pirates, and swarms of locusts.
- Hostile takeover: Form alliances with other colonies and intergalactic traders, trade shares or wage crafty economic warfare to secure total financial dominance for your planet.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here