Indie Arena Booth @ gamescom 2016 – more games, space, imagination and press opportunities
Out to prove that sequels can make a series better, the Indie Arena Booth will return to gamescom this year! The fourth instalment will pack more space, developers and diversity than ever.
Expanding to 620m² of floor space in Hall 10.1 A-020 / B-021, the go-to location for imaginative quirkiness will host over 60 (!) indie teams from all over the world ready to present their games and connect with gamescom visitors. This includes established veterans such as Frozenbyte and Two Tribes as well as up-andcoming creatives with accolades to come. And come they will. Get to know them before they are cool!
Members of the press corps and publishers will have more ways to hook up and sit down with game makers since, for the first time, the Indie Arena Booth will also have a presence in the gamescom Business Area as part of the area of the Bundesverband für interaktive Unterhaltung e.V..
“This year’s line-up makes my tummy utterly buzz with excitement,” says Oliver Eberlei, initiator of the Indie Arena Booth, and notes, “I’m personally looking forward to the VR experiences and, well, Super Sky Arena. I can plug my own game here, right?” „We also might want to use the quote section to subtly thank our main sponsors INNOGAMES, AMAZON and HANDY GAMES for their tremendous support,“ adds Wolf Lang, Senior Money Hat Strategist, and stares knowingly into the camera.
More details will follow soon – here are a few highlights:
- Frozenbyte – ???: The Finnish team will announce a brandnew game at gamescom 2016. Whoa!
- League of Geeks – Armello: Disney meets Game of Thrones – now on iPad, too!
- Adriaan de Jongh – Hidden Folks: The designer extraordinaire showcases his weird take on “Where’s Waldo?”
- Two Tribes – Rive: The Dutchmen may call it quits, but they intend to go out with a bang through this ‘splosion-packed shooter.
- iNK Stories – 1979 Revolution: BLACK FRIDAY: The Iranian Revolution is at the center of this adventure thriller
- Those Awesome Guys – Move or Die: The crazy Romanians return with their fan favourite
- Other Ocean Interactive – Giant Cop: uphold the law or cause massive chaos in this VR game
- KeokeN Interactive – Deliver us the Moon: After their successful Kickstarter campaign the Dutch team is back to invite you to a stroll on the moon.