LAUNCH DATE: May 27, 2014
The ultimate old school trip to hell!!
Adapted from the Insanity’s Blade graphic novel written by Chris Obritsch and as featured on the now-defunct WTFmag.ca.
Take a father’s journey to hell in order to save the souls of his wife and child. The Chronicles of Thurstan is the first in a series of games based around the journey of a sword possessed by a father’s powerful grief and hatred. This first game is the tale of the swords creation.
- A blend of action, platforming and RPG elements with a classic retro arcade style.
- Battle through 16 stages filled with unique enemies, environments and side quests.
- Grab your enemies, rip them apart, ride them, throw them around and use their arms as weapons!
- Scale buildings and caves with Thurstan’s wall climbing and jumping abilities.
- Play a co-op game with your friends! The second player will play as the stories supporting character Finn for most of the game.
- Get upgrades and power-ups at the store.
- Additional game modes such as Arena Mode and Surf Mode to extend the the game after the story has ended.
Killer 8-bit soundtrack
A fully original soundtrack that is also playable on real NES/Famicom hardware (VRC6 based). Listen to a sample medley here.
Get upgrades at the store between stages Weapons system improvements and upgrades as you progress lead to unique combat mechanics.
Fight alongside an AI driven sidekick who joins your quest Sidekick can also be upgraded at the store!
Cutscenes between chapters to tell the story of Insanity’s Blade.