Kalypso Media has signed a deal to publish bitComposer Games’ arcade-action air combat game, Air Conflicts: Vietnam in the UK and Export territories. Air Conflicts: Vietnam will be available this fall for Windows PC, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
Air Conflicts: Vietnam takes players to the skies above Southeast Asia during the most heated moments of the Vietnam War, and challenges them to fly both fixed-wing combat planes and helicopters of the era. The game offers an extensive single-player campaign herein players will protect allied troops, launch assaults on enemy positions, engage in daring dogfights and much more. In online multiplayer, gamers can take to the skies in both American and Soviet-supplied North Vietnamese jets used during the conflict in furious eight-player aerial battles.
“We are excited to continue our publishing deal with bitComposer Games and their take on the fierce air battles during the Vietnam War” said Andrew Johnson, MD of Kalypso Media UK. “Air Conflicts: Vietnam will take gamers on an emotional and exhilarating journey through a fascinating and controversial period in military history and will provide armchair pilots with the chance to fly not only fighter jets but devastating attack helicopters”
Vietnam. 1965. A long-simmering conflict escalates into a full-fledged war, and you are about to become a big part of it.
Jump into the cockpit of some of the finest combat aircraft as young Joe Thompson, a newly minted U.S. Air Force pilot. He is brave, talented and ready to do his duty, but his experiences during this war will change him forever.
Air Conflicts: Vietnam is an arcade-styled air-combat game that immerses players in the harrowing skies over Vietnam. Take to the air in screaming fighter jets or grab the controls of devastating helicopter gunships as you shatter enemy encampments with explosive ordinance, decimate North Vietnamese ace fighter squadrons, escort bombers as they deliver their deadly payload, or rescue stranded soldiers and deliver support troops to the ever-changing front lines of the vicious battlefield.
Key Features for Air Conflicts: Vietnam
- Live a thrilling wartime narrative. In an epic single-player campaign, filled with heroic moments and the darker side of war, your performance in air combat and support missions drives the story from the initial escalation of tension, through key battles of the Vietnam War and, ultimately, the fall of Saigon.
- Jump into the cockpit for instant action. Pilot and customise more than 20 planes and – for the first time in the Air Conflict series – helicopters, including the workhorse UH-1 “Huey” Iroquois, fire-breathing AH-1 Cobra attack gunships, the devastating F4 Phantom and F104 Starfighter jets, plus fearsome enemy MIG fighter jets.
- Lead your squadron to victory. Command up to four jets or helicopters, maximizing their unique abilities to complete challenging objectives, while earning experience, levelling up and improving your leadership and air combat skills.
- Challenge your friends for air supremacy. Play up to eight online opponents in nail-biting, fast paced capture-the-flag, deathmatch and team deathmatch air battles.
- Get your groove on. As you test your pilot skills against AI or human opponents, treat your ears to a cool rock soundtrack in the style of vintage Vietnam-era tunes.