GRAB A FRIEND, GET ONLINE AND PREPARE FOR NONSTOP CARNAGE AS THE KILLING FLOOR 2 OPEN BETA BEGINS TOMORROW ON PLAYSTATION®4
Frenetic Gore Comes to Life in 4K Glory in Brand New PlayStation®4 Pro Trailer
Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce that the official PlayStation®4 open beta for its upcoming co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, KILLING FLOOR 2, will begin starting tomorrow, Friday November 4 at 5 PM GMT. Taking place from Friday, November 4 through Sunday, November 6, the open beta for KILLING FLOOR 2 will allow fans to an early opportunity to endure the carnage that awaits them before the game’s full launch on November 18.
The KILLING FLOOR 2 open beta on PlayStation®4 will be a reduced content beta featuring select levels and will contain the following:
- 2 Multiplayer Modes – Survival and Versus Survival
- 3 Maps – Burning Paris, Biotics Lab, Evac Point
- 1 Offline Training Mission
- 9 Perk Classes
- 14 Characters
To sign up and access instructions on how to enter the KILLING FLOOR 2 open beta, please visit: http://killingfloor2.com/news
In addition, as one of the very first titles available for the newly announced PlayStation®4 Pro computer entertainment system, Tripwire has released a brand new trailer featuring high-definition, 4K PlayStation®4 Pro footage from KILLING FLOOR 2.
The PlayStation®4 Pro version will further envelope players into the bloody environment of KILLING FLOOR 2 with shocking clarity, due to the following enhancements:
- 1800p checkboard rendering on 4K TV (3200×1800) optimized for 4K TVs
- Effectively supersampling and increased fps on HDTV
- Using additional memory to increased texture resolution to “Ultra Textures”
In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
The PS4 version of KILLING FLOOR 2 also includes bonus Deluxe Digital Edition content from the PC version including:
- Bonus Characters:
o DJ Skully
o Classic Masterson
o Classic Briar
o Anton Strasser
o Tom Banner w/ Zweihander
o Oisten Jagerhorn
- Additional cosmetic items (each with multiple selectable variants):
o “Scullyphones” headphones for DJ Scully, Mr Foster, Hayato Tanaka and Donovan Neal
o 3D Glasses for Ana Larive and Hayato Tanaka
o Bowler Hat for Mr. Foster and Reverend Alberts
- Killing Floor 2 Digital Artbook
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed by Tripwire Interactive and will be published by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. The game will be available globally on November 18, 2016.
- Visceral Gore – KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
- 6 player co-op or solo play — A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
- 12 Player PvP Versus Survival Game Mode – Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
- Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
- Unique Blend Of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
- Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
- Brutal Melee Combat – KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
- Optimized For PS4 Pro