Discover the Origins of KINGDOM HEARTS in Stunning High-Definition
Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that its award-winning title KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX is now available in stores exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
In KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, players will be able to indulge in the celebrated KINGDOM HEARTS universe once again with Sora, Riku and the timeless cast of Disney characters, including Mickey, Donald and Goofy. The game marks the first time a KINGDOM HEARTS title has made its way onto the PlayStation®3 system.
The fully remastered HD compilation includes the critically acclaimed KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, previously exclusive to the Japanese market, and KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories. The compilation will also feature HD cinematic story videos from KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days, enhanced gameplay mechanics and PlayStation®3 system trophies.
“The first KINGDOM HEARTS game was released more than 10 years ago, and following that, my only regret was never releasing KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX overseas,” said Tetsuya Nomura, director of the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise at SQUARE ENIX. “With the release of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, fans everywhere now have the chance to play the game in a brand-new high-definition format – and with that, I’m very pleased.”
“With a crossover combo of classic Disney and cutesy Final Fantasy characters, this collection couldn’t be more endearing.” -@Gamer Magazine, September 2013 (4.5/5)
- Packaged Deal – One disc provides gamers with three titles: KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories and HD remastered cinematics from KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days.
- Graphics – The character models and facial features have been updated, and the background textures have been completely overhauled; this is the most gorgeous KINGDOM HEARTS game to date.
- Improved Controls – Revamped camera controls and commands create a more seamless gameplay experience.
- Adventure through Beloved Disney Worlds – Worlds include Agrabah (Aladdin), Atlantica (The Little Mermaid), Halloween Town (The Nightmare Before Christmas), Monstro (Pinnochio), Never Land (Peter Pan), Olympus Coliseum (Hercules), 100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), and Wonderland (Alice in Wonderland).
- New Content – KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX includes new weapons, items, Heartless enemies, abilities, synthesis recipes and Gummi ship missions
- All-star voice cast – The talented roster includes Haley Joel Osment (Sora), Hayden Panettiere (Kairi), David Gallagher (Riku), Mandy Moore (Aerith) and Jesse McCartney (Roxas).
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX is available today for $39.99 and is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
About the KINGDOM HEARTS series
KINGDOM HEARTS is a series of role-playing games created through the collaboration of Disney Interactive and Square Enix. Since the first KINGDOM HEARTS was released in March 2002 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the series has expanded with six subsequent entries. The series celebrated its 10th anniversary in March 2012, and has shipped over 19 million units worldwide.
About Disney Interactive
Disney Interactive, one of the world’s largest creators of high-quality interactive entertainment across all platforms, is the part of The Walt Disney Company responsible for the global creation and delivery of interactive entertainment, multi-platform video games, and family-focused content across all current and emerging digital media platforms. Disney Interactive produces and distributes a broad portfolio of content from Disney Interactive Games and Disney Interactive Media. Products and content released and operated by Disney Interactive include blockbuster mobile, social and console games, online virtual worlds, #1 kid’s entertainment destination Disney.com and the #1 Family/Parenting portfolio on the Web.
Disney Interactive is the interactive entertainment part of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS).
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 62 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://www.na.square-enix.com/.