- Works with Both Standard USB Type-A and USB Type-C devices
- Additional Storage for Smartphones, Tablets, PCs and Mac with
USB Type-C Port
- USB 3.1 Gen. 1 Performance for Increased Speeds over USB 2.0
- New DataTraveler Micro 3.1 USB Flash Drive also Released
Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of DataTraveler® microDuo 3C USB Flash drive. DataTraveler microDuo 3C has a dual interface that works with both standard USB Type-A (3.1, 3.0, 2.0) and USB Type-C™ ports. USB Type-C is an up and coming reversible connector standard that allows for slimmer and sleeker devices in the future. It enables a single port to function as a point for data transfer, video output, charging and even power external devices
DataTraveler microDuo 3C is an ideal way to provide up to 64GB of extra storage for the very latest smartphones, tablets and Mac computers while also working with current generation devices. Shipping later this month, the simple plug-and-play drive offers fast USB 3.1 performance with read speeds up to 100MB/s and write speeds up to 15MB/s. The lightweight and small-form factor DataTraveler microDuo 3C complements portable devices and is easily transportable.
“DataTraveler microDuo 3C has a dual interface that accommodates both USB Type-A and USB Type-C ports to give users easy access to the latest USB interface,” said Valentina Vitolo, Flash business manager, Kingston. “Our drive provides more storage, features fast data transfer speeds and helps make the new technology more accessible to consumers.”
In addition to the DataTraveler microDuo 3C, Kingston will soon ship its next-generation DataTraveler Micro 3.1. As one of the world’s smallest USB Flash drives, it is perfect for adding more storage to tablet PCs, slim notebooks, car audio systems and more while barely increasing the size of the device’s footprint. DataTraveler Micro 3.1 will be available in 16GB to 64GB capacities.
DataTraveler microDuo 3C is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
DataTraveler microDuo 3C Features & Specifications:
- Capacities1 : 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- Speed2 : USB 3.13
- 16GB: 100MB/s read, 10MB/s write
- 32GB & 64GB: 100MB/s read, 15MB/s write
- Dimensions : 94mm x 16.60mm x 8.44mm
- Operating Temperature : 0°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature : -20°C to 85°C
- Warranty / Support : Five-year warranty with free technical support