Dreamatrix, Croatian independent game developer is excited to announce the release of Legends of Dawn Reborn, a re-release of Dreamatrix’s previous title, Legends of Dawn, with major upgrades, fixes and a lot of new features.
Legends of Dawn Reborn invites players to the brutal northerly reaches of Narr. Survival depends on your magic, your sword, and your wits.
Events of the Legends of Dawn Reborn take place before those from Wave of Darkness released on Steam Early Access in June.
What makes Legends of Dawn Reborn unique is that it enables you to play without restrictions in a world where you won’t stumble upon “invisible walls”, or loading screens.
The world of Narr spans across continents through stunning picturesque landscape that stimulates the mind. There are magical regions where the mountains and hills defy gravity, buoyant as balloons. Countless dungeons wait for you to discover mysteries that lie within their cold depths, abandoned camps, impressive docks and grim fortresses that bear silent witness to old battles. Mausoleums and cemeteries. They all await those who are explorers and warriors at heart.
The choices you make during the game play does not prevent you from trying something else later, or simultaneously, if you wish. You are free to play with the classes and combine sword with magic. The choice is entirely up to you.
But, bear in mind. All those beautiful landscapes hide mysterious forces of the dark, spread from the ancient battlefield of Ashglades; warping and poisoning every creature in its path, creating bloodthirsty monsters. You have been warned; this game will not hold your hand, rather, reminiscent of RPGs of the forgotten past, you are left on your own to find out what to do and where to go. Once you accept a quest the clues a rather sparse. But don’t despair either, if you don’t find your way a growing Legends of Dawn community is here to help.
Major updates, fixes and new features
For the past year Dreamatrix Game Studios has been hard at work on the biggest Legends of Dawn update to date in order to make the ultimate Legends of Dawn experience for existing and new players alike.
The biggest and the most complicated part of this work was to convert the whole game to the new engine, which was created for the purposes of successfully Kickstarted title, Wave of Darkness. The new Dreamatrix 2 engine. 2.5 years in the making, makes the game more stable, more robust, more future-proof, and much easier to patch.
The game is now heavily optimized, thanks to the new 64-bit architecture. There are over 60 major fixes, improvements and new features to Legends of Dawn, including Inventory overhaul, completely changed crafting system, upgraded spell system with mastering, upgraded chest unlocking, major map update, Empowered, Blessed and Cursed items, and many more.
The response to Wave of Darkness during Early Access development phase was great. The players liked the improvements and in general loved the game much more than the original Legends of Dawn. So instead of patching the old engine Dreamatrix decided to port the content from the Legends of Dawn to the new engine and to discontinue the old title and re-release it revamped with the new engine and RPG system “under the hood” and the new price. So here is the list of differences and similarities:
- Dreamatrix 2, optimized engine used in Early Access title Wave of Darkness
- Legends of Dawn Reborn is a 64-bit ONLY title. Streaming technology enables playing without any loading screens. All data seamlessly loads in background
- Huge expandable inventory, bags with item stacking and sorting
- Completely new informative tooltips holding all data about single item type, including runes, potions and spells; important data about magic level, crafting etc.
- Redefined Spell generator – create powerful magic out of runes which you collect throughout the world; your spell casting will increase your spell level (visible in tooltips)
- New full screen map with plenty of filters
- New advanced crafting system
- Additional combat animations
- Upgraded Unlocking System with Keys and Runes: using specific runes or keys players can interactively unlock and activate locked chests or crates and other mechanisms in the game
- New class of items: Cursed Items, Blessings, Relics etc.
- Major upgrade with keyboard and mouse navigation
- Full freedom to explore hundreds of unique locations in any direction
- Innumerable wild creatures and monsters that drop loads of loot
- 100% port of Legends of Dawn quests and the world, exactly the same as you know it
- Achievement system (150) and Steam Cards
- Original Legends of Dawn is no longer supported or available for purchase
- Legends of Dawn Reborn IS FREE FOR OWNERS OF Legends of Dawn! If you already purchased LoD do not buy LoD Reborn, you are qualified to get it free of charge.
Legends of Dawn Reborn is available now on Steam.