MidBoss is poised to once again deliver the most welcoming weekend in gaming with GaymerX • Year 4 (GX4). Featuring more than 100 speakers, special events and featured games, GX4 attendees are in for yet another fun-filled experience where diversity and inclusion take center stage.
Ticket sales: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/gaymerx-year-four-gx4-tickets-20100576365
On the heels of GaymerX’s first international spinoff — GX Australia, which took place in February of this year — GX4 is primed to reach an even wider audience.
The GaymerX team is kicking things off early this year by attending Silicon Valley Pride (SV Pride) on August 27th. Free tickets to GX4 will be available at SV Pride while supplies last. Working with MAGFest, GaymerX will also bring console games for all SV Pride attendees to enjoy.
Confirmed GX4 speakers include the following “Bosses of Honor”:
* David Gaider (BioWare)
* Tim Cain (Bethesda)
* Mark Barlet (AbleGamers)
* Katherine Cross (Gamasutra)
* Laura Kate Dale (Destructoid)
* Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead)
* Brandon McGill (body artist and music video director)
* Kitty Powers (drag personality and game developer)
* Progducto (ESPN contributor and competitive gamer)
* Karin Weekes (BioWare)
* Patrick Weekes (BioWare)
Join our speakers as they tackle some of the most significant issues in games — such as “Accessibility in Gaming,” from noted accessibility advocate Mark Barlet of AbleGamers. Learn something new from Fallout creator Tim Cain, who will delve into the evolution of the game industry in “Things Got Better: 35 Years of Industry Changes.” For some insights (and laughs), be sure to check out journalist and podcaster Laura Kate Dale’s clever presentation, “Butts in Gaming: The Art of Characterization.”
On the showfloor, you’ll be able to:
* Get a sneak peek at what Blizzard, Oculus, Microsoft, Harmonix, Atari, and Funomena have in the works.
* See how you can get involved in the community with Extra Life, Women in Games International (WIGI), Lesbians Who Tech, and the International Game Developers Association (IGDA).
* Stop by the Intel, Mailchimp, and GitHub tables and score some sweet swag.
* Speak to any of the many recruiters from large game and tech companies who will be taking applications on-site.
If you need a break from the expo, be sure to check out the MAGFest arcade and enjoy the awesome selection of classics and fan favorites 🙂
Matt Conn (CEO of MidBoss and founder of GaymerX):
“Whether you make or play games, cover them as press, or upload Let’s Plays to YouTube — you’ll be welcomed with open arms. It doesn’t matter if you are straight, gay, bi, trans, white, black, asian, latino, middle-eastern, purple or orange (yes, Donald – you’re invited, too!). Come on down, meet new people, have fun, and celebrate our shared love of games.”
The GaymerX Convention (GX4) will be held at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California September 30th – October 2nd, 2016.
* Talks and panels: Industry legends come together to discuss fun (or serious!) topics and share stories.
* Parties and special events: Meet new people, rock out, play games, or watch a cool show!
* Expo hall: AAA developers and indies are sharing their wares at G4X. Come for the tantalizing preview of games currently in development and stay for the obligatory swag!
* MAGFest arcade: Play tons of arcade games (for free, of course)!
* Games galore: Join the creators of board, card and tabletop games in unforgettable sessions taking place throughout the weekend.
GX4 tickets are available online:
Three-day passes are $65 and include access to all events.
VIP Passes are $145 and include a free GaymerX • Year Four VIP T-shirt, VIP Badge/Dedicated Registration Line, VIP goodie bag, and access to the Thursday Night Boss party (with two drink tickets) — and more perks to come! There are only 80 VIP passes left, so buy yours today!
Those wishing to become special Boss-Level Donors can do so for $500. In addition to a GaymerX • Year Four Boss Ticket, this package includes a metal Donor Badge, access to the Donor Lounge (with coffee and snacks), and a special donor lunch with founders and Bosses of Honor on Sunday! Names of all Boss-Level Donors will appear in the Backer HOF on the back of the program and top of the website’s Thank You page. There are only 25 Boss-Level Donor tickets available!
Guests wishing to stay at the Hyatt Regency are advised to book now because hotel space is limited. Sunday night hotel rooms are already booked up — and the rest of the weekend is filling up fast …