Storytelling and regular content updates take center stage in new Free-to-Play release
Wizards of the Coast today announced Magic Duels: Origins, the successor to their popular Duels of the Planeswalkers franchise. Magic Duels will launch with the exciting new storyline featured in the upcoming Magic Origins set, and will continue to expand with regular downloadable content that reflects the latest sets. Multiple play modes, including fan-favorite Two-Headed Giant, along with a true Free-to-Play experience will delight both new and returning players.
Magic Duels: Origins arrives this July to console on Xbox One, PC via Steam, and iPad tablets, with PlayStation 4 joining later this year.
“This upcoming release is unlike anything we’ve ever done,” said Drew Nolosco, lead designer for Magic Duels: Origins. “Players will experience the origin stories of our five most iconic Planeswalkers through immersive gameplay. We’ve also listened to our players. Two-Headed Giant is back! Taking it a step further, everything is earnable, making the game truly free-to-play. Magic Duels is the perfect way to start your journey into the world’s best strategy game.”
Exciting new features of Magic Duels include:
- Improved Deck Builder with step-by-step deck construction guidance
- First-ever playable Planeswalker cards
- Solo Battle mode featuring virtually endless AI opponents
- Expanded multiplayer options, including Two-Headed Giant mode
- Quest system with new individual and community challenges every week
- Limitless Free-to-Play with 100% earnable content
- All-new Skill Quest tutorial system