MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT INVITES KIDS TO GET MOVING AND JOIN THE PARTY WITH ZUMBA®KIDS ON KINECT FOR XBOX 360 AND Wii™
First Brand Extension of the Best-Selling Video Game Franchise is Custom Designed for Younger Players
Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), publisher of the leading Zumba® Fitness video game franchise that has sold more than nine million copies worldwide, announced today that Zumba® Kids is expected to launch this holiday on Kinect™ for Xbox 360® and Wii™. Featuring a range of dance styles, creative mini-games, customization and chart-topping hits from Justin Bieber and Willow Smith, this engaging interactive experience is packed with gameplay to keep kids moving!
Based on the global dance-fitness brand that pioneered “exercise in disguise,” Zumba® Kids brings kids aged 7 to 12 together to play and express themselves with routines and activities custom-designed for them. Kids can build self-confidence and discover new rhythms as they move to over 20 different dance styles—more than any other kids game! With 170 million children under 18 now estimated to be overweight*, Zumba® Kids is an ideal solution to get kids off the couch with motion-based fun that helps them stay healthy and fit.
“Zumba’s benefit-driven brand pillars are infused throughout their kid-focused specialty program that lends itself perfectly to a fun and differentiated interactive game,” said Jesse Sutton, chief executive officer, Majesco Entertainment. “We will continue to explore new ways to expand our leading game franchise across demographics and platforms as we identify promising market opportunities.”
“Zumba® Kids makes exercising fun and is a step in the right direction toward combating and preventing childhood obesity,” said Alberto Perlman, co-founder and CEO of Zumba® Fitness. “With millions of children facing weight issues around the world, we are introducing a high-energy video game to the market that we hope will help decrease the global obesity epidemic and provide kids with a new opportunity to move and get fit. It’s the perfect opportunity to replace snacking on chips and soda with something healthy and fun.”
Additional Zumba® Kids features include:
- Energizing Music: Rock out to a beat-driven soundtrack featuring 30 songs from kid-favorite artists like Justin Bieber, Willow Smith, and Ozomatli, plus classics like Wipeout and a range of fun Zumba® original tracks.
- Gameplay Modes: Kids can dig into four different game modes including Quick Play, Full Class and Family Jam that features a guest appearance from celebrity Zumba® instructor Gina Grant and her daughters Anaya and Maliah.
- Upbeat Mini-Games: Mix up the fun with four motion-based mini-games that let kids go freestyle, mimic animals, freeze dance and power-up the music, alone or with friends.
- Cool Customization: Kids can show off their personal flair by making the game their own.
- Fun Rewards: Unlockable goodies like bonus videos, stickers and buttons keep kids motivated and moving.
- Jam Together: Multiplayer support for two players on Kinect for Xbox 360 and four players on Wii™ lets kids party together with friends and family.
Developed by Zoë Mode, Zumba® Kids is expected to release this holiday on Kinect for Xbox 360 and Wii™. For more information on the game, please visit zumbafitnessgame/kids. To download media assets, click here.