Iceberg Interactive announces that Zero Sum Games’ 4x space strategy title StarDrive 2 (PC/Mac/Linux), will receive a major update on Steam today. Patch 1.2. upgrades the game engine from Unity 4 to Unity 5, increasing the combat performance and overall gameplay experience. Today’s update also features major AI improvements, fixes and new additions. Furthermore, StarDrive 2 is now on offer as a Daily Deal on Steam with a robust 66% discount.
Zero Sum Games’ Daniel DiCicco says: “In anticipation of our upcoming Sector Zero DLC release in December, we’re now releasing our patch to version 1.2, which brings with it a host of upgrades, performance improvements, and bug fixes. Enjoy!”
Some of the major update 1.2 notes:
- Upgraded the game engine to Unity 5 from Unity 4. This provides overall increased performance during combat and other sections of the game that are more demanding on your system.
- Added Planetary Governors to control your build queue and to manage your citizen labor allocations
- The AI will now reconsider its final attack plan before committing to a planetary assault; if it can see a better target then it will potentially alter its plan to take advantage of the weakness
- Tech Costs have been scaled up to slow down the pace of discovery in the mid-game
- Ships gain accuracy bonuses at very close ranges now
Read the complete list for update 1.2 HERE.
Keep track of all news on StarDrive 2 and the upcoming first DLC ‘Sector Zero’ please visit and LIKE StarDrive 2 on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/stardrivegame/