Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released the Blade of Galadriel™ Story Expansion, all-new downloadable content (DLC) for Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ allowing gamers to play as the elite Elven warrior Eltariel for the first time. Known by her enemies as the Blade of Galadriel, Eltariel is a deadly assassin working for the Elven Queen, Galadriel, and has been sent to Mordor for millennia to hunt the Nazgûl. The Blade of Galadriel™ Story Expansion features the following content:
- Play as Eltariel for the first time, an elite assassin known as the Blade of Galadriel, and go head-to-head with the newest addition to the ranks of the Nazgûl.
- Wield Eltariel’s dual Elven blades and harness the Light of Galadriel with a host of deadly new combat abilities, skills and gear.
- Encounter memorable new Nemesis characters, such as Flint, Tinder and the Slayer of the Dead, while battling the Nazgûl and learning more mysteries of their past.
- Gain eight unique Legendary Orcs who can return to join your forces in the main story campaign with new abilities added to the Nemesis System.
- Unlock an Eltariel character skin that can be used in the main story campaign.
Additionally, several new free content updates are also available today for Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ owners, including:
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviours, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
- Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
- Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
- Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
- Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customising in-game action shots.
- Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
- Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
- Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
- Field of View Options – More ways for players to customise the user interface and scale their field of view.
Today’s free content updates accompany a number of previously released free features, all available for Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ owners, including Endless Siege, Rebellion, Enhanced Photo Mode, Online Fight Pits and Gravewalker Difficulty.
- Expansion Pass – Includes the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion (avail. now), Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion (avail. now), The Blade of Galadriel™ Story Expansion (avail. now) and The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion (coming May 2018) – £32.99 (*Expansion Pass also incl. as part of Gold Edition for £89.99)
- Story Expansion Pass – Includes both The Blade of Galadriel™ Story Expansion and The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion – £19.99
- Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion – Available à la carte – £11.99
- Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion – Available à la carte – £11.99
- The Blade of Galadriel™ Story Expansion – Available à la carte – £11.99
- The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion – Available à la carte – £15.99
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ is available for the Xbox One family of consoles, Windows 10 PC through the Windows 10 Store, Steam, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro.
Set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ is an open world action RPG that continues the original narrative of Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™. Players will be engrossed in a richer, more personal and expansive world full of epic heroes and villains, iconic locations, original enemy types, more personalities and a new cast of characters with untold stories.
For the latest information or to join the Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ conversation, visit us on YouTube (ShadowofWarGame), Twitter (@ShadowofWarGame), Instagram (ShadowofWarGame), Facebook (ShadowofWarGame), Twitch (MonolithLive), Community (ShadowOfWar) or the official website (www.ShadowofWar.com).