GAME is warming up to kick off under the floodlights as it opens hundreds of stores at midnight on Wednesday 23rd September for the launch of the hotly anticipated EA SPORTS™ FIFA 16.
No FIFA launch would be complete without stars of the beautiful game itself. On launch day (Thursday 24th), Premier League™ and Football League™ players will be visiting GAME stores across the UK to make the biggest signings outside of the transfer window, as fans have copies of their new games autographed.
Nine GAME stores across the UK will feature in the star studded line up with the following talent confirmed:
- Manchester United’s Ashley Young (Trafford, Manchester)
- Sheffield Wednesday’s Lewis Price (Meadowhall Centre, Sheffield)
- Cardiff City’s Craig Noone (Cardiff St Davids)
- West Ham’s Diafra Sakho (Westfield, Stratford)
- Aston Villa’s Ashley Westwood (Birmingham Bullring)
- Leeds United’s Chris Wood (White Rose Centre, Leeds)
- Tottenham Hotspur’s Eric Dier (Lakeside, Thurrock)
- Liverpool FC’s Divock Origi (Liverpool Lord Street)
The players will have to play longer than the usual 90 minutes, with store signings taking place between 15:00-17:00.
Punters that grace the sidelines at the GAME midnights to get their hands on the game as early as possible will get their hands on goodie bags and extra promotional items.
FIFA 16 is available to pre-order in store and online and with a £10 deposit, fans can take home a Messi Steelbook and Mini football, only at GAME. Fans who pre-order before 12pm midday on September 23rd using the GAME app can enter a ‘Scan It’ competition to win a copy of the game at midnight, as well as a host of other EA goodies including an Xbox One FIFA bundle.
Charlotte Knight, UK Retail MD at GAME says: “Our staff are match fit and ready to hit the ground running to make sure fans can get their hands on the latest game as soon as the whistle blows. We know FIFA 16 is going to score with both football and gaming fans alike so are expecting a good turnout.”
For the latest information on FIFA 16 midnight store launches, visit http://instore.game.co.uk/midnight-launches/