Iceberg Interactive and Coronado Games have released a major update for their starship-building sim Starship Corporation (PC), currently available in Steam’s Early Access program. The ‘Military Update’ enables the player to equip their starships with much needed military might, to counter the many dangers in space. While you progress and build your starship, you can now unlock all weapons and fuselages needed for the interplanetary military-industrial complex. Simultaneously, several new rooms have been added, including the basic cannon, advanced cannon, smart missiles (take those meteorites down!) as well as the railgun. New contracts to build exciting new ships are also now available.
David Murent, lead developer at Coronado Games says: “Development takes a big step forward with this Military Update. There is a lot more to be discovered, most importantly the final missing piece of this game: the strategy elements to unlock new markets in the galaxy map. However, for now we will focus on fixing issues that may pop up with today’s big update, so keep the feedback coming!”
Some highlights of the Military update are:
- added new military fuselage ‘Portador-818’
- added new military fuselage ‘Mäger-Y’
- added new contract ‘Police Cruiser’
- added new contract ‘Border Patrol Vessel’
- added new contract ‘Battlecruiser’
- added new contract ‘Missilecruiser’
- added new rooms: Basic Cannon, Advanced Cannon, Auto Cannon, Rapid Fire Cannon, Long Range Cannon, Railgun, Basic Missiles, Smart Missiles, Cluster Missiles and Drone Missiles
For a complete overview of the changelog, please visit the official Steam page.
Starship Corporation, published by Iceberg Interactive, is set for a 2017 release on Steam. The game, currently in Alpha, can already be played and purchased for $19.99. For more information, please visit the official Steam page http://store.steampowered.com/app/292330.