A game with a real retro appeal, Necrosphere is a challenging 2D Metroidvania game with the difficulty ramped up to the extreme.
Easy to play – you use only two buttons to control your hero – but extremely hard to master, Necrosphere is a game for the toughest of the tough!
Necrosphere was recently nominated for a slew of awards at Brazil’s Independent Games Festival (BIG), including Best Brazilian Game, Best Gameplay and the Innovation Award.
The game will be officially released in September 1st, 2017 for Windows, Mac and Linux priced at $4.99 (£3.99, €4.99), and the Deluxe version (with an additional ultra-hard level and soundtrack) at $7.99
- Innovative controls using only two buttons, left and right.
- Over 2.5 hours of tough, no filler content.
- Unforgiving maze-like levels.
- Deliciously frustrating gameplay.
International agent Terry Cooper has found himself in some sticky situations, but this time he may have bitten off more than he can chew. Killed in a mission that went wrong, he wakes up to find himself trapped in the Necrosphere, the otherworldly place where all souls go to die.
All is not lost, however; his fellow agents have managed to discover a series of portals leading back to the land of the living, and have sent Terry a series of notes explaining how he can escape from this hellish place.
All he has to do now is survive the fiendish traps and puzzles that await him, and his quest to escape the afterlife is on…
About the developer
Nigiri is an independent game development studio based in Brazil. Officially formed in 2012, the studio is focused on creating high-quality games with awesome mechanics. To date, they have released six games, including award-nominated endless runner Dream Swim and the upcoming adventure-puzzler Keen, also nominated for Best Brazilian Game during BIG Festival 3017
For more information on Necrosphere:
- Game Jolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/necrosphere/236132
- Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/607400/Necrosphere/
- itch.io: https://catnigiri.itch.io/necrosphere
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NecrosphereGame
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/necrospheregame/
- Presskit: http://www.catnigiri.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=necrosphere
For more information on Cat Nigiri: