Little Green Men Games today released a major update to their popular Early Access title Starpoint Gemini Warlords (PC). With the Gladiatrix update, players are offered a completely new gameplay option, by now being able to set up their matches and battle against other ships, testing their skills with the new ‘direct combat’ system.
Some highlights of the update:
- Added Arena battle gameplay mode (Arena structure with “skirmish” battles. The first Arena out of several planned )
- Added entirely new skill system
- Added Artefact Vault system (with quests and rewards)
- Redesigned combat system to accommodate the new Arena gameplay mode and different application of skills
- Added remaining Outerlands spaceship designs (Ragnarok and Loki)
The complete changelog for the Gladiatrix update can be found in the Steam Hub.
Mario Mihokovic, CEO of Little Green Men Games says: “As we go full-steam ahead with Warlords development, some fans have shown concern that the game lacks something to expand gameplay until the storyline and full conquest has been added. Our antidote is the Arena agmeplay mode. Now you’ll be able to set up your own “matches”, see more ships and test your unique skills without having to travel halfway across Gemini. With Arena, we’re also introducing a completely new skill system and new direct combat mechanics. We’re keen to hear feedback on the new direction we’re taking…”
The development of Starpoint Gemini Warlords in Steam’s Early Access program continues apace, with regular updates of various sizes throughout the coming weeks. For more information about the game, please visit the official website at www.starpointgemini.com or Steam page http://store.steampowered.com/app/419480/.