Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios has released a new gameplay trailer for Shang Tsung, featuring the voice and likeness of actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa who portrayed the popular character in the classic 1995 ‘Mortal Kombat’ film. The soul-stealing sorcerer is the first of six playable fighters included in the Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack, providing the best way to upgrade the Mortal Kombat 11 game experience with new downloadable content (DLC).
The Kombat Pack for Mortal Kombat 11, which had the best launch in the franchise’s history, will include:
- Spawn will join the Mortal Kombat 11 roster as a new guest character, along with two other guest fighters to be confirmed at a later date
- Three Klassic Kombatants return as DLC characters: Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Sindel
- Character skin and gear sets for each DLC character
- Bonus Johnny Cage Ninja Mime character skin and gear set
- 18 bonus character skins for existing Mortal Kombat 11 characters*
- One-week early access for all content listed above
All characters, skins and gear sets will be released in the coming months, beginning with Shang Tsung on June 18 as part of the early access incentive for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The Kombat Pack is available now as part of the Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition for £79.99 (RRP) or individually for £32.99 (RRP).
Additional information for the confirmed new characters in the Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack is provided below:
- Todd McFarlane’s Spawn is one of the world’s best-selling and longest-running monthly comic books, with hundreds of millions of copies sold worldwide in more than 120 countries and 15 different languages. The Spawn comic book tells the story of Al Simmons, an elite government assassin who was betrayed and killed by the CIA. Instead of dying, he sells his soul to Hell for a second chance at life, and becomes Spawn, an unstoppable soldier fighting the underworld. Spawn is voiced by Keith David, the original voice actor from ‘Todd McFarlane’s Spawn,’ the Emmy award-winning HBO animated series.
- Shang Tsung is the soul-stealing sorcerer and historic host of the Mortal Kombat Tournament. Shang Tsung pledged his eternal loyalty to Shao Kahn in exchange for a dark power, but he is no faithful servant. He dreams of the day his sorcery will overtake Shao Kahn’s, and he’ll pay any price to get there. Actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is lending his voice and likeness to the popular character he portrayed in the classic 1995 ‘Mortal Kombat’ film. Additionally, Shang Tsung will be available for consumers to play before release during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) from 11th -13th June in the South Hall at the WB Games booth (#1023).
- Nightwolf, formerly known as Grey Cloud, was chosen by the Great Spirit to become the Matoka’s champion and protector. Grey Cloud proved worthy when he laid down his life to prevent the Black Dragon from plundering what remained of his tribe’s sacred artefacts. As Nightwolf, Grey Cloud possesses extraordinary magic granted by the Great Spirit to fight for the Matoka’s future and defend all of Earthrealm.
- Sindel is the former Queen of Edenia and will stop at nothing to keep her place. Threatened with the loss of her throne when Shao Kahn conquered her realm, Sindel betrayed her husband, and her people, to keep her privileged position. Now, as Shao Kahn’s wife and Queen of Outworld, she enjoys power and wealth beyond most people’s imagination.
In Mortal Kombat 11, the story continues as Raiden’s defeat of the evil Elder God, Shinnok, has drawn the ire of Kronika, the Keeper of Time, and upset her desired balance between good and evil. To restore stability in the realms, Kronika has only one option – rewind time to its beginning and restart history. Through the immersive story mode, players take on the role of various fighters from past and present Mortal Kombat eras, who must join forces to defeat Shao Khan’s Outworld armies and solve the temporal crisis at stake.