Freejam is pleased to announce that ‘Maximum Loadout’, the seventh free game-changing expansion for the free-to-play creative robot engineering MMO Robocraft, is now live and free to download for PC.
The expansion’s key features are detailed below:
- Live Weapon Switching: For the first time in Robocraft history, players are now able to attach different classes of weapons to their bot and switch between them in battle, facilitating new depth in combat tactics. This new ability is governed by the ‘Power Bar’ which attributes an energy cost to any projectile fired with low damage weapons such as the Front Laser Blaster being able to be fired more often than the high damage Lock-on Missile Launcher.
- Combat Modules: The second big new feature for this expansion is the introduction of combat modules. Much like special ability power-ups in traditional RPGs, these modules attach sci-fi-tastic physics-bending powers to bots allowing them to tear up the battlefield in more imaginative ways than ever before. Two combat modules go live with this update:
- The Blink module allows players to instantly teleport their bot to a selected point on the battlefield.
- The Disc Shield module empowers players to plonk down a disc-based shield which protects their bot and their allies from enemy fire but allows the deployer and any ally to shoot through the barrier unimpeded.
- Balances and other tweaks: This update also contains reworked weapons with projectiles now being tracked more accurately creating a better, more fulfilling combat experience.
For more information about Robocraft, please read the attached press release and visit the game’s official website.