SILVERSTONE AND DONINGTON PARK CIRCUITS, CLASSIC CARS AND NEW CHAMPIONSHIPS AVAILABLE IN LARGE NEW EXPANSION PACK
Today Codemasters® released the ‘Touring Car Legends’ expansion pack for GRID Autosport, available in the online marketplace for the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, for Windows PC from Steam and from the online store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system priced at £9.99 / € 12.99 / $14.99. [please localise]
The ‘Touring Car Legends’ expansion pack features two new circuits with multiple routes, five classic Touring Cars and new single player championships. Gamers can see content featured in the pack in a new video now playing below
The full content featured in the pack is as follows:
- Silverstone Circuit – race six configurations at the iconic home of UK motorsport, which has played host to Touring Car racing since the series’ inception in 1958.
- Donington Park circuit – Donington Park was the first permanent motorsports circuit built in the UK and is a classic venue on the Touring Car calendar. Races have been held here since 1931 and the circuit is available to race in four configurations.
The ‘Touring Car Legends’ pack includes some of the most dramatic and exhilarating cars from one of the most competitive eras in the sport’s history.
- 1994 Volvo 850 Estate Touring Car – Volvo’s striking estate was their first entry into Touring Car motorsport and the only estate used in that season, with its shape giving it strong straight-line speed at the expense of traction in low speed corners.
- 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Touring Car – The 155 revolutionised Super Touring Car racing with ground-breaking wings and spoilers that dramatically improved its aerodynamic performance.
- 1996 Audi A4 Quattro Touring Car – A title winning car that lead the pack, the Audi’s dominance played its part in 4WD being banned from this form of motorsport from 1998 onwards.
- 1991 BMW E30 Touring Car – A fast and fun rear-wheeled BMW that won the first Championship under the Super Touring Car regulations.
- 1989 Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth Touring Car – One of the first cars developed for the track first and then put into production to fulfil entry requirements, its thoroughbred performance and distinctive styling makes this car a Touring Car classic.
All circuits and tracks are playable in online and offline modes, including in three new single player championships – the British Championship, Euro Championship and International Championship. GRID Autosport players will also be able to race cars from other disciplines, including the extensive Touring Car content available in the game.